Fatal Error Encountered: Rendering\TextureQueue.cpp Line 29

Postby rev » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:10 pm

FlyInside Fatal Error Encountered
Rendering\TextureQueue.cpp Line 29

Running FSX-Gold edition from DVD
Rift SDK 0.6.0.1
FlyInsideFSX_AlphaPreview_1_OVR_0600.exe

It WAS working fine to begin with, but then I added scenery from
"Playsims" VFR Photographic Scenery for Ireland West volume 10 and then this pops up when I click the "Free Flight" button.

I since deleted the scenery from the library, but no joy, tried messing around again with settings but no joy either.

"Weather.dll" did show as crashing one time when FSX stopped responding and crashed by itself, but apart from that your FlyInside closed FSX each time when I pressed OK on the error.
rev

Re: Fatal Error Encountered: Rendering\TextureQueue.cpp Line

Postby rev » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:03 am

Before each step below I would have un-installed FlyInside.

Tried deleting the photo scenery from the scenery library - FlyInside still gave error Line 29.
Tried a "repair" of the FSX in flight simulator - FlyInside still gave error Line 29.
Tried downgrading the Oculus Runtime to 0.6.0.0 - FlyInside still gave error Line 29.
Tried re-installing FSX after uninstalling it... FlyInside still gave error Line 29.
Tried deleting the %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder and all its contents - FlyInside still gave error Line 29.
Tried absolute minimum settings on Everything in FSX - FlyInside still gave error Line 29

Can't figure out now why it DID work great until I installed that damn scenery.
Only thing left to do is to wipe the damn machine now and start again I guess?

I wouldn't mind either, only I use Prepar3d now.... and there's no alpha version for P3D to test out.
rev

Postby admin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:32 am

There's going to be a Prepar3D version in a couple of hours for you to test out, so hang in there!

As far as FSX, have you tried wiping the %appdata% FlyInside folder? The only other thing I can think of is that PlaySim replaced part of FSX with something new, but that would surprise me :?:
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby rev » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:27 pm

ahhhhh!

Wish you had the P3D alpha released yesterday!
Spent the evening re-formatting the drive and re-installing Win7 etc. etc.
Now find that Oculus requires a few prerequisites before I can install the runtime for FSX/P3D.
So I am still in the process of waiting for windows to fully update itself... almost half past midnight here now. <yawn>

Yeah, I tried the %appdata% folder, it was one in the list on the last post... no joy.

Thanks,
Rev.
rev

Postby rev » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:05 pm

Fresh install of Win7/64bit, windows updates, installed FSX and rift 0.600 with Flyinside for 600.
It threw up a few errors, but it DID work..... ONCE!

Now back to error 29 again.

Deleted the %appdata% folder, blah blah... same as last time but just can't get it to work again.
Downgraded both Oculus to 0.501 and Flyinside for 501.

In the meantime, I've re-installed Prepar3d V2.5 hoping to do that
However, it's now telling me that there's no activations left on my license.... so here's me now with no working Rift, and No P3D.
I'll have to wait till whenever P3D fix that to try...

Thanks Dave... I hope you sort it soon and release an update before your Kickstarter ends. I really really do want to back you, but just need to get it working first more than once without a complete reinstall of windows each time I need to close FSX.
rev

Postby rev » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:55 pm

I downloaded this file "FlyInsideFSX_AlphaPreview_1_OVR_0600" which you said was an older version.

Now at the moment, I'm able to flyinside.....

I think I got it from here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=162
rev

Postby rev » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:56 pm

Can you let me know what the error 29 actually means... maybe I can debug it a little bit here?
What log files or whatnot do you need?
rev

Postby admin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:11 pm

Do I understand correctly, that you have FlyInside running again after that download? That's good news if nothing else :)

Error 29 means that FlyInside couldn't create the texture resources it uses to share. This could be due to lack of graphics card support (not in your case because FlyInside used to work), not enough memory available, or FSX passing in a weird format which isn't compatible with device sharing (possibly due to an add-on or FSX setting). I don't have any useful log-files yet, but I will in a build I'm releasing towards the end of next week.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here