Are the runway lights in stereoscopic 3D?

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Are the runway lights in stereoscopic 3D?

Postby bo3bber » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:20 pm

Awhile back, I tried to make the FSX work in stereoscopic 3D, using Nvidia 3D Vision. I spent a fair amount of effort to try to fix the runway lights, but in the FSX Deluxe (SP2) version there is a library g2d.dll, which does strictly 2D screen effects, including the lights and other effects like smoke from tires.

Here are some details and screenshots:
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/07/mi ... x-fsx.html

These are game breaking effects, the lights are at screen depth, which makes it unusable for night flying. It's pretty good during day though, especially with those effects disabled.

I see some screen shots that have the lights fixed, which I thought was still impossible on the Steam FSX version. I see that g2d.dll still exists on the Steam version:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/di ... 093637525/

This makes me think that perhaps the screen shots with fixed runway lights are from the P3D version.

So my question is whether the runway lights are fixed using FlyInside FSX using the Steam version?
bo3bber

Re: Are the runway lights in stereoscopic 3D?

Postby admin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:23 pm

I put a lot of effort into making the lights work in 3d with FlyInside :D Let me know if they don't work for you.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Are the runway lights in stereoscopic 3D?

Postby Sharkku » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:08 am

Yeah, you did a great job on those lights, Dan! I can only begin to imagine the nightmare of getting 2D effects to work in 3D. I still get the feeling they are rendered at the wrong depth when viewed up close, but they line up properly with the runway when you're on final, and that's the important thing in my book! :)
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here