No sound with Voicemeeter + Rift CV1

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

No sound with Voicemeeter + Rift CV1

Postby traemyn » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:43 am

Hello,

I am using Voicemeeter + Rift CV1 so that I can have the audio going to CV1 headphones as well as my bass shaker (with a low pass filter via Voicemeeter). When I load FlyInside without Voicemeeter (CV1 Headphones set to Default playback device in Windows) the sound works perfectly. When I try to use Voicemeeter (Voicemeeter set to Default playback device) I don't get any sounds or just a few short sounds then nothing. I looked at the FlyInside log file audio section but didn't see anything that stood out as a problem; it said audio was hooked. The same setup with Voicemeeter works fine for other games so I am really just wondering if you have any ideas why FlyInside would have a problem interfacing(?) with Voicemeeter.

I've tried disabling "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device", changing the sound device to Voicemeeter in FSX, and a few other small things but nothing changes the outcome. I'm going to reach out to the Voicemeeter community of course as well but if you have any ideas to help let me know.

Thank you!
traemyn

Re: No sound with Voicemeeter + Rift CV1

Postby Tony » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:56 am

Hi there and welcome :) sounds like a conflict somewhere? Are you using onboard sound or a sound card? Have you checked device manager when all connected to see if there are any yellow question mark conflicts ? Is it just fsx or any other games you have problems with?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby traemyn » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:16 am

Windows 10
    ASRock x99 Extreme4 mobo w/ Realtek onboard sound
    Latest Realtek drivers installed from ASRock website

FlyInside and EVE:Valkyie both have no sound with Voicemeeter as Default playback device. Elite Dangerous works perfectly. I have not checked Device Manager but will do that today and try some more games.

Any ideas where I can get a deeper level of diagnostics/logs/etc? Does FlyInside/FSX have any debug or verbose log parameters to set?
traemyn

Postby Tony » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:35 am

If some work and others don't it does sound like a conflict ? Hopefully it's something simple like an audio setting in game ? Dan should see this soon and hopefully get you sorted asap. I personally haven't used voicemeeter but I'll have a look see :)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby admin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:13 pm

FlyInside specifically looks for the Rift head-phones and utilizes them if found, so that's why you aren't getting any audio out of Voicemeeter. I hadn't thought of that use-case, I'll have a feature available in the next update so that you can disable that, and just have FlyInside play out your default audio device :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby traemyn » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:38 am

Awesome, thanks!
traemyn

Postby RiftFlyer » Fri May 27, 2016 11:22 am

admin wrote:FlyInside specifically looks for the Rift head-phones and utilizes them if found, so that's why you aren't getting any audio out of Voicemeeter. I hadn't thought of that use-case, I'll have a feature available in the next update so that you can disable that, and just have FlyInside play out your default audio device :)

Thanks would be great as I want to you use my buttkicker and rift for more immersion.

Thanks,
RiftFlyer

Postby admin » Sun May 29, 2016 7:22 pm

FlyInside 1.51 is released, with the option to disable FlyInside's audio handling :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here