Access buttons like autobrake in virtual cockpit view?

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Access buttons like autobrake in virtual cockpit view?

Postby Rauul » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:43 am

Hi,

I got a question regarding trouble accessions button/bugs in VR cockpit. I find It Hard to increase /decrease speed bug and also autobrakes. Is there a way to display booth VR view in Oculus and 2d view on My screen? I've tried to recenter mouse but ni difference.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Magnus
Rauul

Re: Access buttons like autobrake in virtual cockpit view?

Postby Robert » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:31 pm

I must not understand because on my system I do get the VR view in the DK2 and a single window on the desktop. You need to turn up the frame rate limit on the desktop window in the FlyInside settings menu just so it refreshes quick enough that it isn't hard to do, but I can select and click items in either VR or on the regular 2D monitor window.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Rauul » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:21 am

I cannonly get VR view in dk2 and on My screen at the same time. If i try to change to 2d view on the screen My Oculus show the flyinside logo. So what i have to do för example is to switch to 2d view,lift My Oculus since no image is showing there. Then do My adjustments and after that switch back to VR view.

So you say that you simply can adjust speed by the bug in VR view? I can move it but have no control in decrease/increase.
Rauul

Postby Robert » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:09 am

Can you post all your software/driver/hardware specs and versions? For example, 0.6.0.1 runtime has issues and Dan doesn't support it yet. And there are apparently some issues still with AMD video cards. Plus, there can be issues with some addons.
Robert

Postby Rauul » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:14 am

I'am using 6.0.0 and rex4/utx addon but i had problem before the addons.

My graphic card is a nvidia gtx980. To clarify, i can change knobs/bugs in VR but as mentioned but verry hard to "hit" increase/decrease. i'ge centerd mouse and screen
I also motivet that atc window can show up in VR. But when i enable atc, the Windows shows in 2d on My display and not in Oculus
Rauul

Postby Robert » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:29 am

I checked with Dan early on about the size of the hot spots and he can't change them. I assume that's still true. What I do is lean in closer which makes them effectively bigger. Also ATC windows don't work yet in FlyInside. That's a known. ATC and other windows are to be included, though. I expect that we'll start seeing those features in the beta test versions once the Kickstarter closes and Dan gets back from vacation.
Robert

Postby Rauul » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:44 am

Ok sounds good, i'm happy for your help. When I lean/move forward it dosen't zoom that much in fsx. If I try demoscreen for Oculus it works perfectly and also in project cars. Maybe thats the problem, can i change /calibrate in fsx ?
Rauul

Postby admin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Rauul wrote:Ok sounds good, i'm happy for your help. When I lean/move forward it dosen't zoom that much in fsx. If I try demoscreen for Oculus it works perfectly and also in project cars. Maybe thats the problem, can i change /calibrate in fsx ?

Are you saying that leaning motion isn't working properly at all? :oops:

As far as these small buttons, I've got a few features in the works for making them accessible which are a lot nicer than leaning in. Still under development though, it can definitely be a bit tricky in the Alpha Preview.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here