Sorted OOM and running on Hi Res with Ultra anti-aliasing

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Sorted OOM and running on Hi Res with Ultra anti-aliasing

Postby CaptCWGAllen » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:09 pm

Settings in sim mainly medium/normal.

Opened up the default Cessna 172 in Schipol.

FTX Global base is installed - other than that all was default. Still looked great.

Getting 50fps in the sim and no problems with Oculus fps (76).

Looks soooo much better.

One question - I am learning to fly in real life and the postiton in the cockpit is a bit odd - I am too high and too far back. I have tried the World zoom funtion but that just makes everything bigger or smaller. The defaullt size is spot on, I just want to sit closer so that it is more like the RL view. Is there a way to to it? When I use the Oculus config I am in the right place sitting at the desk.

Just thought, I guess I could always sit further away tap the head set and them move closer - I'll give it a go next time I am set up to see if that works.

cheers
Peter
Oculus CV1 X Plane 10.51
i7 4930K OC4.5GHz, Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler, 64GB Corsair DDR3, NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB , 256GB Samsung SSD, 1000GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 4TB HD
PFC C2 Professional Flight Console, PFC Cirrus Rudder Pedals, nVidia driver 375.63
CaptCWGAllen

Re: Sorted OOM and running on Hi Res with Ultra anti-aliasin

Postby Sharkku » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:37 pm

I know what you mean by the position being off! I also have to adjust every time I start a new flight, to make it feel more like real life. I mostly fly C172 irl these days, and I usually sit more forward than th default FSX position.

The simple solution :
Just use the FSX controls for eyepoint adjustment. You can find them in the FSX settings (NOT the FlyInside settings!) and bind a hat switch to them or something. The default is:

Move up SHIFT + ENTER
Move down SHIFT + BACKSPACE
Move backward CTRL + ENTER
Move forward CTRL + BACKSPACE
Move left CTRL + SHIFT + BACKSPACE
Move right CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER
Reset* CTRL + SPACEBAR

The better, but slightly more complicated solution:
Edit each aircraft.cfg file. You can find the default eyepoint value under [views] eyepoint = x, y, z. Takes some trial and error to get it right, but once you do, it's fixed permanently. You can also save a flight with adjusted viewpoint, find the offset values in the savefile, recalculate and rearrange and add them to the aircraft.cfg values. It gets complicated. Welcome to the wonderful world of Microsoft coding.
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Postby CaptCWGAllen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:29 am

Sharkku wrote:I know what you mean by the position being off! I also have to adjust every time I start a new flight, to make it feel more like real life. I mostly fly C172 irl these days, and I usually sit more forward than th default FSX position.

The simple solution :
Just use the FSX controls for eyepoint adjustment. You can find them in the FSX settings (NOT the FlyInside settings!) and bind a hat switch to them or something. The default is:

Move up SHIFT + ENTER
Move down SHIFT + BACKSPACE
Move backward CTRL + ENTER
Move forward CTRL + BACKSPACE
Move left CTRL + SHIFT + BACKSPACE
Move right CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER
Reset* CTRL + SPACEBAR

The better, but slightly more complicated solution:
Edit each aircraft.cfg file. You can find the default eyepoint value under [views] eyepoint = x, y, z. Takes some trial and error to get it right, but once you do, it's fixed permanently. You can also save a flight with adjusted viewpoint, find the offset values in the savefile, recalculate and rearrange and add them to the aircraft.cfg values. It gets complicated. Welcome to the wonderful world of Microsoft coding.

Thanks vey much for that Sharkku - I will try the hat binding I think!

cheers
Peter
Oculus CV1 X Plane 10.51
i7 4930K OC4.5GHz, Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler, 64GB Corsair DDR3, NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB , 256GB Samsung SSD, 1000GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 4TB HD
PFC C2 Professional Flight Console, PFC Cirrus Rudder Pedals, nVidia driver 375.63
CaptCWGAllen

Postby Sharkku » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:05 am

You're welcome!
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Postby CaptCWGAllen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Sharkku wrote:You're welcome!

Fabulous - used the shift and ctl method and was able to size everything perfectly - what a difference that made. i could stay up all night with this amazing application.

Thank you for the advice - has made such a difference to the experience.

cheers
Peter
Oculus CV1 X Plane 10.51
CaptCWGAllen

Postby admin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:02 pm

I noticed that your title is "Sorted OOM and running on Hi Res with Ultra anti-aliasing". Just wondering, how did you sort out the OOMs?
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby CaptCWGAllen » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:45 am

admin wrote:I noticed that your title is "Sorted OOM and running on Hi Res with Ultra anti-aliasing". Just wondering, how did you sort out the OOMs?

By not runnning in an Orbx region, using a default aircraft and medium object settings. Mind you I am only flying GA (I have no interest in tubeliners) and I have only flown non-stop for about 40 mins max. I flew in the Amserdam area and the Innsbruck area. Orbx Global Base is installed. I am going to add Vector next and see what happens. I will then ad Open LC and see what happens. Could take a while though as not a lot of free time at the moment.

I did load the A2A Cherokee in Innsbruck and after about 30 mins there was a constant pinging noise form the PC - is that a warning of an imminent OOM (I am new to FSX - X Plane was my go to 2D sim)? If it is the OOM never happened over the next 10 mins of flying.

Trust this helps.

Absoutely awesome app BTW.

Peter
Oculus CV1 X Plane 10.51
CaptCWGAllen

Postby Sylas » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:08 pm

Pinging noise? If it's a mechanical pinging noise, then it's probably one of your cooling fans, or, on a much more serious note...your Power Supply Unit. but if it's an electronic pinging noise coming from your speakers, then ...I don't know. OOMs are kind of like the Matrix...They can't, (and don't) tell you what it is, they pretty much make you see it for yourself. I suppose there could be some early warnings that one is coming on, but typically they just happen. One minute you're doing donuts in the parking lot of PHNL with your V35B, listening to 80's music on Pandora, reliving those moments back in the day when there was no chance of ever landing a plane or a girlfriend... and BAM!! OOM kicks you back to reality! Where you can easily land a plane.
Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1, Intel i5 3570K@4500Mhz, AsRock Z77 Extreme4, 16GB ADATA DDR3 2400, MSI GTX 670PE X 2 SLI (FSX single GPU) Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium, OCZ 256GB Vertex 4, Crucial 240GB M500, WD 3TB Green, Saitek X52, Oculus Rift DK2 0.6.0.0
Sylas

Postby Robert » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:47 pm

I thought I remembered something about the pings and I'm pretty sure it was this guy's post where I heard about them: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/to ... ide-video/

I am pretty sure he explains it in his video but didn't want to go all the way back through it to find the time stamp, but he does mention FSX "pinging" in the text. I think it is a warning of approaching OOM.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Jst » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:24 pm

I get the dreaded pinging noise in FSX when I am heading for an OOM. I find being very selective with thirdparty addons avoids OOMs don't think I have ever had one when flying default.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS - i9-9900K 3.6GHz - Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB DDR4 3200MHz - AORUS RTX 2080Ti OC - 3 x 2TB - Samsung 970 Evo M.2 3.0 NVMe
Jst

Next

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here