Tips and tricks / FAQ

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Tips and tricks / FAQ

Postby Jorgensen » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:32 am

Hi

I wonder if there could be a tips and tricks / faq thread where people could share settings and other tips like:

- what should i set the full screen resolution to in fsx? (and has it any meaning for Flyinside?)
- should anti-aliasing be enabled / unabled in fsx?

jorgensen
Jorgensen

Re: Tips and tricks / FAQ

Postby Jorgensen » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:19 am

Was ment to be under fsx.

Can it be moved?
Jorgensen

Postby admin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:33 pm

I just moved it for you :)

I think this is certainly a good idea. To get started:
-FSX Full Screen resolution shouldn't matter. FlyInside puts FSX in windowed mode, and then enforces its own resolution. You can configure resolution using the FlyInside Settings dialog
-I would disable anti-aliasing in FSX for now. FlyInside offers its own anti-aliasing implementation, once again, under settings, and FSX anti-aliasing sometimes leads to incompatibilities

Hope that help!
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Sylas » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:38 pm

admin wrote:I just moved it for you :)

I think this is certainly a good idea. To get started:
-FSX Full Screen resolution shouldn't matter. FlyInside puts FSX in windowed mode, and then enforces its own resolution. You can configure resolution using the FlyInside Settings dialog
-I would disable anti-aliasing in FSX for now. FlyInside offers its own anti-aliasing implementation, once again, under settings, and FSX anti-aliasing sometimes leads to incompatibilities

Hope that help!

I didn't even think about the D3D9.dll hook and its control over graphic changes made to FSX. I'm glad you mentioned this because I was starting to eye some of the settings within Nvidia Inspector to test some cheap optimizations like the ones available for D3D10. So my question is right in line with the OPs request....What should we disable to see potential performance improvements without losing visual quality? From your earlier post, I assume it's best to disable AA within FSX. Should we disable AF as well? What other settings would you recommend that we scale down because it simply doesn't matter to have them set high?
Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1, Intel i5 3570K@4500Mhz, AsRock Z77 Extreme4, 16GB ADATA DDR3 2400, MSI GTX 670PE X 2 SLI (FSX single GPU) Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium, OCZ 256GB Vertex 4, Crucial 240GB M500, WD 3TB Green, Saitek X52, Oculus Rift DK2 0.6.0.0
Sylas

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here