Tracking gets lost.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Tracking gets lost.

Postby AucklandRift » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:08 pm

I've been trialing all combinations of FlyInside, Oculus runtime, FSX steam and boxed set for the last few weeks. My little problem is that whatever plane I use, and the likes of the F51 from FSX seem worse, after a short time my 6 degrees of freedom tracking locks into 3 dof. A while later the system crashes to the clouds screen and the monitor says programme not responding. I get no Out Of Memory (OOM as I have found out!) messages, and I assume they do appear as messages.
I've tried turning off Oculus from starting and just letting FlyInside start it up. My PC is a gaming machine over clocked at 4.2GHz, lots of memory, solid state drive, GTX780 graphics card, so it should be good to go! Tried all the slider settings in FSX and FlyInside etc. Hope you can help Mr. Admin before I start assisting as a beta backer with my new Leap Motion. Cheers. :ugeek:
AucklandRift

Re: Tracking gets lost.

Postby Tony » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:36 pm

Almost sounds like a rift hardware fault. Have you posted this question over there regarding losing 6dof mate ?

I had a similar problem , well not exactly like yours but I moved all my usb connectors around and plugged the rift power plug in instead of a powered USB slot. This happened in Elite. No probs since then but as I said , not exactly the same problem. Hope you don't have a dodgy camera/tracker.

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby AucklandRift » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Thanks for the response. Elite Dangerous works perfect for hours on end with no problems. I am doing a complete reinstall of ORBX New Zealand and Steam FSX...let's see what happens. If few others are getting this, it must be my installation somewhere. Whatever,FlyInside FSX, it's a fantastic experience. Cheers. :geek:
AucklandRift

Postby AucklandRift » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:38 pm

Well, who is a stupid boy. Removed FSX and ORBX NZ etc and started afresh. Seems as though there was a corrupted ORBX loaded previously. All back to normal and buzzing around Auckland International in a little helicopter upsetting Air Traffic Control greatly!
Have Leap Motion will travel.
Thanks everyone in this great community we belong. :geek:
AucklandRift

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here