landscape scale wrong?

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

landscape scale wrong?

Postby frui » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Somehow I feel the mountains in the sceneries are relatively small. Does anybody has the same feel? I am not sure about this.
Is there any way to adjust this? I understand the adjustment of the world scale is actually the scale of the cockpit, not the outer world.
frui

Re: landscape scale wrong?

Postby frui » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:47 pm

I tried many mountain scenes. It seems the nearer the landscape, the less correct scale. Great moutain like Everest looks small. But the far away mountains look correct. Is this because of the depth problem of FSX?
frui

Postby norc » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:48 pm

Could the scale issue you mention perhaps be more to do with texture resolution & mesh resolution?

I have noticed at distance things look "to scale" but when you are nearer they just don't seem the right size.
System Specs:-

Flight Simulator Gold Edition (With Acceleration Pack)
Windows 7 (x64) - NVidia 560 TI - Oculus Runtime 0.6.0.0 - i7 4770 CPU - 8GB Ram

Retroverse - Australian Flight Simulator Server http://www.retroverse.com.au/fshost/
norc

Postby frui » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:24 am

Yes, that's a possible cause. Big tree autogen may make mountains look smaller.

norc wrote:Could the scale issue you mention perhaps be more to do with texture resolution & mesh resolution?

I have noticed at distance things look "to scale" but when you are nearer they just don't seem the right size.
frui

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here