What a ride!

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

What a ride!

Postby Drooly » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:03 pm

Oh wow beware

Putting aside the memory issues and odd glitches I have to seriously doff my cap to the author for creating this amazing experience. Its incredible. This creaky old bit of FSX code with FlyInside Oculus support is quite simply stunning. I just found the 3D switch and BOOM what a difference! Landing on any runway now is simply mind boggling and so real. How can I ever go back to staring at my monitor with my TrackIR, EZDOK and NVIDIA 3D Vision glasses and ever expect to get anything remotely like the same experience.

I've been ruined forever
:)

Chris
i7 - 4790K 4.0GHz
GTX 780 Ti- 16gb DDR3
Win 7 64bit
P3D v3.4 Flyinside P3D with Oculus runtime 1.10
Warthog Hotas
Drooly

Re: What a ride!

Postby Sharkku » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Well put, I'm totally with you! =)
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Postby Tony » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Welcome to the club :ugeek:

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby CaptCWGAllen » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:38 pm

I know - it is just incredible. I have stopped using 2D, even with the glithches it is just the best home flight sim experience ever. Took up the default 737 today. Not my thing normally but sitting in that cockpit was fabulous. It was also easy to operate the autopilot and fly using VORs. Mind boggling fun.

cheers
Peter
Oculus CV1 X Plane 10.51
i7 4930K OC4.5GHz, Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler, 64GB Corsair DDR3, NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB , 256GB Samsung SSD, 1000GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 4TB HD
PFC C2 Professional Flight Console, PFC Cirrus Rudder Pedals, nVidia driver 375.63
CaptCWGAllen

Postby Sylas » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Yes!! Even landing on a bus in a Piper Cub as Loopy Larry seems to be much simpler. Ohhh..I have yet to do carrier ops!
Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1, Intel i5 3570K@4500Mhz, AsRock Z77 Extreme4, 16GB ADATA DDR3 2400, MSI GTX 670PE X 2 SLI (FSX single GPU) Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium, OCZ 256GB Vertex 4, Crucial 240GB M500, WD 3TB Green, Saitek X52, Oculus Rift DK2 0.6.0.0
Sylas

Postby Tony » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Sylas wrote: Ohhh..I have yet to do carrier ops!

Yes you have to try it , it's incredible and a tad hard , well for me it is :)

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Tony » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Is there a fix for carrier ops? When it starts and the carrier moves it's judders about . I remember this and find it very off putting, especially in the rift. Any ideas ?

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Robert » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:06 am

For me I get minor judders as Loopy Larry with the bus. I also tried the Reno Races (very cool!) but was getting judder in those planes too. Now I'm wondering if this is the same judder I see in multiplayer. It's interesting that Tony sees it in the aircraft carrier and not in my plane in multiplayer, and I see it in multiplayer and with locally generated vehicles. Haven't tried carrier ops yet to know if it judders but flying the gates yesterday, the container ship with the gate on it was perfectly smooth.

At any rate, the missions are a blast! Took a while to figure out the Loopy Larry bus!
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Tony » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:24 am

Hi Robert I saw your video :) what a blast lol. As for the judders I didn't see that with the truck like you got but it did do it with the aircraft carrier. Something is going on and it seems to have something to do with moving objects in the game. Going to investigate over the weekend :)

Also as a test try with and without the Rift and see if you get judders on the bus or carrier or any other moving scenery. I have a sneaky feeling it's something to do with FPS lock ?

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Robert » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:56 am

You might be on to something, Tony. I will also experiment and see what happens. I think I have frame rates set maximum. Maybe it's kind of like reverse judder (if that makes sense)?

And you should try that Loopy Larry mission. It's really hard until you get it sorted out. I'm now wondering if you can fully land if you chop throttle as the bus slows down. You need to be at the front of the platform though. But I watched some videos people posted on YouTube but have yet to see anyone do a full landing. One thing for sure - VR has to make a huge difference in this. You can judge height above the bus for a soft touchdown. But I was working the controls hard to stay aligned. You can kind of see the stick motions at various times when I'm trying to get close and settle in. At other times, I was just horsing around.

Next challenge! :D
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Next

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here