ORBX scenery

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

ORBX scenery

Postby langdon » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:48 am

G'day,

I have ORBX England installed.
With just about everything set normal or high. I can generally run without judders . ie Timewarp sits around 75fps +/- 5

I also have ORBX Southampton installed.
At Southampton airport I get judders constantly unless I set complexity to sparse. I can set everything else to absolute minimum but if 'complexity' is anything other than sparse I get judders. If I sit perfectly still (don't move my head) for about 30 secs I can get 75fps but as soon as I move my head it drops down again into the 55-65 range.

If I take off from some other airport (eg St Just in Lands End) and cruise up to Southampton the FPS only starts to drop when I get 'in range' of Southampton.
This leads me to believe that the ORBX Southampton is just too much for my cpu etc.

The thing I can't figure out is....I can't 'balance' it. Anything other than sparse on complexity and it judders no matter what I set autogen,traffic,antialias etc. to.

Does anybody get ORBX Southampton to not judder at anything higher than sparse? or any other ORBX airport for that matter. If you can, I'd love to know the machine specs. 4.5 cpu is pretty reasonable but my 660 NVidia may be a bit poor, though I don't seem to be pushing the card more than 75% according to GPU-Z.

ORBX England is fine..it's just the airport that gives me grief.

L
Win 10 64bit | FSX Boxed/ FSX-SE / P3Dv3.4 | MSI z97 Gaming 7 | OC Intel i5-4690K, 4.5 GHz | 8GB Ram
GTX 980 - driver latest | Matrox TH2G | Intel HD Gfx 4600 (onboard) | Oculus CV1
FlyInside FSX and P3D Beta Backer
langdon

Re: ORBX scenery

Postby MK84 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:59 am

What's the base FPS? Do you get same judder without Flyinside?
Oculus Rift - HTC Vive - FSX SE - Prepar3D - X-Plane 11 - Windows 10 Pro - Intel i7-4790K - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 - TM HOTAS Warthog - MFG Crosswind - Pro Flight Trainer PUMA
MK84

Postby Robert » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:39 am

You might check the configuration in the Orbx control panel. The airports frequently have lots of animations and extra features like animated trees, tall grasses, etc. The Orbx panel gives you control over individual features though generally on/off on a per feature basis.

Have you tried shutting down some of those? For me I've found some are even inappropriate like the fire fighting practice at Palm Springs. You hear the fire all the way down the airport even about a mile away.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby keem85 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:02 am

Robert, where do you find these settings? In my orbx panel I can only find "hybrid mode", "trees" and "apply now".
MOBO: GA-Z87X-UD4H
Processor: i7 4770K @4.4
GFX: MSI 1080 Gaming X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400
Main sim: X-Plane 10

keem85

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here