Clickable Cockpit?

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Clickable Cockpit?

Postby jimrooney » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:52 pm

So this is odd.

I've got FSX working wonderfully with some of the stock aircraft (172/Maule), but when I load other ones, I can't use the clickable cockpit... I can't flip switches and dials. The controls still work and anything that I've mapped to them works fine, it's just the mouse clicking for switches doesn't. The CTL-E autostart doesn't work either. The stock KingAir and stock 737 don't work for example.
If I turn off the rift and play on my monitor, the clickable cockpits all work fine.

I'm running win8.1 with SDK 0.6.0.0 and FSX-SE
i5 / GTX 970 / Win10:AUp / CV1 / DK2 / LeapMotion / Touch / FSX:SE / P3Dv3 / X-Plane 11
jimrooney

Re: Clickable Cockpit?

Postby Tony » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:54 pm

That's a new one mate ? Not had that happen and don't recall seeing it pop up here. I'll pass that for Dan to help you with. He should be on soon and see your post. Keep us informed if it solves itself or you fix it.

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Deano1973 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:09 pm

That happened to me a couple of times: once because I started the game "paused" and because there was no warning bar to say the game was paused on the Rift it took me an age to realise it. The second time, I'd clicked the mouse away from the screen and FSX had dropped back a place on the Desktop, if you get my meaning, so although control stick mapped devices worked, much other mouse stuff didn't.

I am, of course, a dunce in both cases, but worth checking out in case it's something similar rather than a software fault.
Intel i7-7700K 4GHz, Corsair 1TB SSD / 500GB HD, liquid cooled, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, Oculus Rift CV1 on FSX:Deluxe and P3D v3 with TacPack

DC Designs
Deano1973

Postby jimrooney » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:00 pm

Yeah, I've had a few of those dunce moments as well.

Sadly though, this doesn't seem to be the case. I'll double check that it's not starting paused, but it only happens in the Rift and only with certain planes... I can fly them on the monitor fine, but in the Rift the cockpit becomes unclickable. I've run into the mouse bit when moving the FlyInside menu around and my mouse moves beyond the on-monitor windowbox. I hope it is something silly though... me being a dunce is far easier to fix. Glad to hear others aren't seeing this... it makes me more optimistic that I'm doing something simple and silly.
i5 / GTX 970 / Win10:AUp / CV1 / DK2 / LeapMotion / Touch / FSX:SE / P3Dv3 / X-Plane 11
jimrooney

Postby jimrooney » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:22 pm

Hey cool... looks like I might just be a dork!
I went to make sure it wasn't starting paused and I started getting Oculus errors so I rebooted and started over... for whatever reason, everything was working on the KingAir!
I'll have to check the 737 tomorrow and see how that goes but I'm pretty optimistic at this point.

Thanks again
jimrooney

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here