List of issues

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

List of issues

Postby Nucklear » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:14 am

First of all I want to say that FlyInside is one of the best VR experiences I had so far. It works great and after loading some planes and scenaries I'm enjoying the sim more than ever before. However I want to list some issues I'm having just to provide some feedback although it's totally playable for me at the moment.

1. When I start the game and leave it running while I'm AFK sometimes the monitor and the rift goes black forcing me to reboot my computer.
2. If I set the water details to 2.x levels (Low, Mid or High) the water is not rendered at all. I guess that there is a problem with the water shader regarding reflections. Water details in levels 1.x works without issues
3. ATC, GPS, etc windows popups doesn't work and just opens a black window unclickable and unresizable
4. In some planes (i.e. 737-800 default) the mirror window doesnt work and just freezes or goes black.

Also I want to ask if someone is playing full sim with FlyInside. I mean are you able to use GSX, ATC, etc ?

Regards.
Intel 4770K 3.5GHZ
AMD R9 280X 3Gb Vram
ASUS Z87PRO
16GB RAM
1 x 120GB SSD
1 x 2TB HDD
Win 8.1 64bits
Fsx Steam Ed
Oculus 0.6.0.0
Nucklear

Re: List of issues

Postby Tony » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:05 am

Welcome mate :) all good valid issues and most will be addressed and hopefully fixed by final release. Just so we can help would you please post your system specs? Either pop them in with your question or add them to your sig like mine.

I think I can help you with No1. If you go to your Rift config utility then click tools then rift display mode in the list you will see "rift saver". By default it's set to 10 minutes to save burnout when your'e AFK. Untick it or change the time :) Hopefully that'll solve that one ?

No2 as before post your specs.

No3 being worked on :)

And for No4, can you still fly and see the display inside the rift ? I get this all the time and think Dan is working to fix this.

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Nucklear » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:50 am

Techy111 wrote:Welcome mate :) all good valid issues and most will be addressed and hopefully fixed by final release. Just so we can help would you please post your system specs? Either pop them in with your question or add them to your sig like mine.

I think I can help you with No1. If you go to your Rift config utility then click tools then rift display mode in the list you will see "rift saver". By default it's set to 10 minutes to save burnout when your'e AFK. Untick it or change the time :) Hopefully that'll solve that one ?

No2 as before post your specs.

No3 being worked on :)

And for No4, can you still fly and see the display inside the rift ? I get this all the time and think Dan is working to fix this.

Tony

Hi Tony, I already updated my system specs en my sig. Also as none of the panels are working for now, is there any third party plugin to visualize the nav system of a 737 on my desktop meanwhile? Sometimes the nav points and other stuff is really hard to read with the DK2

Thank you for the help
Intel 4770K 3.5GHZ
AMD R9 280X 3Gb Vram
ASUS Z87PRO
16GB RAM
1 x 120GB SSD
1 x 2TB HDD
Win 8.1 64bits
Fsx Steam Ed
Oculus 0.6.0.0
Nucklear

Postby Tony » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:07 am

I know Dan is working on integrating pop up panels with FlyInside and that's not too far away. Until then what you see is what you get sadly. Do you have the settings on the FlyInside set to high, 4k ? Most of us have got used to the limitations of the DK2 resolution. When CV1 comes out then I think things will really pop with FlyInside :)

Some users have been having great success and good feedback with the PMDG 737NGX and using those systems OK. Your 280x is similar to the HD7970 card isn't it ? I've just sold mine and upgraded to a GTX980 and the difference was pretty amazing.

I'm not saying go buy one as your card is more than adequate LOL

Just keep experimenting with settings, a tweak here, a tweak there and things may improve and surprise you :)

Any help or errors then just post here and we will do our best to help.

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Robert » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:34 am

One thing to note, and I don't know how Dan will be handling this, but I would bet the only ones who get the updated versions soon will be the Kickstarter backers at the beta test levels.

Those just running the alpha without backing the Kickstarter probably won't see it at all until it goes retail, and those who backed at less than beta test will have to wait for delivery of the final versions per the Kickstarter reward levels.

Just thought that should be said. There are a lot of really cool things coming soon to beta backers but others will probably have to wait. Hopefully Nuklear is a beta backer!
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Nucklear » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:40 am

Techy111 wrote:I know Dan is working on integrating pop up panels with FlyInside and that's not too far away. Until then what you see is what you get sadly. Do you have the settings on the FlyInside set to high, 4k ? Most of us have got used to the limitations of the DK2 resolution. When CV1 comes out then I think things will really pop with FlyInside :)

Some users have been having great success and good feedback with the PMDG 737NGX and using those systems OK. Your 280x is similar to the HD7970 card isn't it ? I've just sold mine and upgraded to a GTX980 and the difference was pretty amazing.

I'm not saying go buy one as your card is more than adequate LOL

Just keep experimenting with settings, a tweak here, a tweak there and things may improve and surprise you :)

Any help or errors then just post here and we will do our best to help.

Tony

I changed my res to 4K and disabled AA, it's much more readable now.

Yes, 280x is the same as 7970 with just a few minor changes.

I want to try the 737 from PMDG but it's a bit expensive for me at the moment.
Intel 4770K 3.5GHZ
AMD R9 280X 3Gb Vram
ASUS Z87PRO
16GB RAM
1 x 120GB SSD
1 x 2TB HDD
Win 8.1 64bits
Fsx Steam Ed
Oculus 0.6.0.0
Nucklear

Postby admin » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:53 am

Thanks for the great feedback :)

1. I recently discovered a source of some nasty memory corruption in FlyInside and have a fix for it. You can expect a new release next week, and it wouldn't surprise me if it resolves this particular bug.
2. I've seen this in various configurations, depending upon GPU, add-ons, etc. It's something I'll be improving.
3. I actually have a huge amount of improvements to these, they'll be in my release next week. On my personal builds I can use ATC, GPS, etc, all from inside the Rift and it's a blast. Can't wait to get it polished and released :D
4. I believe this is related to #1.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. A lot of improvements coming soon!
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Nucklear » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:51 am

admin wrote:Thanks for the great feedback :)

1. I recently discovered a source of some nasty memory corruption in FlyInside and have a fix for it. You can expect a new release next week, and it wouldn't surprise me if it resolves this particular bug.
2. I've seen this in various configurations, depending upon GPU, add-ons, etc. It's something I'll be improving.
3. I actually have a huge amount of improvements to these, they'll be in my release next week. On my personal builds I can use ATC, GPS, etc, all from inside the Rift and it's a blast. Can't wait to get it polished and released :D
4. I believe this is related to #1.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. A lot of improvements coming soon!

That sounds really great. Can't wait for those updates.

Thank you
Intel 4770K 3.5GHZ
AMD R9 280X 3Gb Vram
ASUS Z87PRO
16GB RAM
1 x 120GB SSD
1 x 2TB HDD
Win 8.1 64bits
Fsx Steam Ed
Oculus 0.6.0.0
Nucklear

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here