missing dependency during installation - FSX not working

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

missing dependency during installation - FSX not working

Postby cpp » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:03 pm

hi all,
i just set up my new CV1 and installed afterwards the flyinside 1.62. during the installation i got an error message "...flyinside is missing a dependency. reinstall flyinside after simconnect 10.0.61259.0 is installed". i closed the installation after accepting the errormessage, by pressing the finish button. the flyinside desktop icon is available and starting FSX after double clicking.

The problem is that after starting FSX via the flyinside icon there is no action at all on the CV1 system wrt visibility in the headset. The only thing i see in the headset is the start page from the oculus software.

software setup:
FSX professional with SP1 & SP2, a couple of add on aircrafts and VFR Germany - nothing else.
Windows 10
Oculus app version 1.9.0.29.16.03
flyinside 1.62

thanks for making my sunday,
claus
cpp

Re: missing dependency during installation - FSX not working

Postby Tony » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:13 pm

Flyinside with the Boxed version of FSX is notoriously hard to get working. Are you sure acceleration and all service packs are installed ?

Flyinside works best with FSX-SE which is usually on sale at Steam. I'm not saying go buy it but most of us here use that version.

If you continue to have problems then E-mail Dan from the store page ;)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby cpp » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:42 am

hi Tony,
many thanks for your quick and useable answer.

So i think i should come along and install the acceleration pack, but just to get you right:
I understood that i should have installed in addition to FSX (boxed) all SPs like SP1 and SP2 but do i have to consider the acceleration pack as an SP and install it as well?

At the moment i do not have the AC pack installed but only SP1&2.

Do you know if there is an download version of accerlation pack (because is a rainy sunday today in bavaria ;-))

thanks a lot again,
claus
cpp

Postby Tony » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:13 am

Hi mate, no I don't think you can download it anywhere? Look on Google for service pack order of loading or alternatively look on steam and see how much the steam edition is going for ?

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby cpp » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi Tony,
thanks again! i got it working by installing the steam version.

Unfortunately i am not realy confinced about the resolution of the oculus cv1 googles (i run it with highest possible in flyinside - ~3800x2300).
And btw. for any hardware interests i bought a brand new ASUS GL502VS with an i7 6700HQ, GTX1070, 8GB DDR4 and a SM961 (Total price at 1650 euros)
FSX:SE (on WIN 10) setting on maximum just everywhere and the frames shown by flyinside is btw 40 to 50 fps which is just perfekt for VFR flying in an C172 (FSX standard).
If any body interested in more details - just mail me!

For me it is not good enough to ensure a VR training vor real VFR flying by radio navigation.
Also the usage of the avionics is pretty difficult within flyinside and the googles (resolution again and stability of view pointer).

Over all i have the feeling the current VR stuff needs a further level of evolution before it is good enough for serious aviation simulation.

Whats really amazing is the feeling of flying, so if someone just wants to fly without any serious claims to navigaton and according prozesses, train on aerobatics or try some safety prozedures (high key, engine of, bad weather...), then it is the best you can get and fully satisfying!

The Flyinside software will be the future in VR for sure - congratulations, this is really well done!!!

br
claus
cpp

Postby Tony » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:40 pm

Hi claus glad you are flying :) Sounds like a great setup ? Whilst not perfect, have you tried the binocular zoom function whilst in the Rift ? Higher resolution is coming but that will be 2-3 years down the line when hardware catches up with our expectations :)

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby EDAL61 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:34 am

Tony wrote:Hi claus glad you are flying :) Sounds like a great setup ? Whilst not perfect, have you tried the binocular zoom function whilst in the Rift ? Higher resolution is coming but that will be 2-3 years down the line when hardware catches up with our expectations :)

Tony

Hello Tony! How do I get the "binocular zoom function" in the Rift?
EDAL61

Postby Tony » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:39 am

Look in the settings and bind option. You'll see zoom. You can either assign an axis to it like a rotary switch or assign a button.
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here