VRS Superbug freezes/CTD when clicking buttons & switches

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

VRS Superbug freezes/CTD when clicking buttons & switches

Postby Mazzn » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:12 am

Hello everyone!

Before I go on about things that are not working, let me quickly praise what is working: You've done marvellous work with FlyInside and I greatly enjoyed it so far. Thank you very much!

Sadly I've run into an issue with the VRS Superbug - and only that plane so far. Could not seem to find forum posts on it, hope I didn't miss any!
So, loading up the VRS Superbug. Everything is working just fine, "experimental features" are turned off so it loads in the first place, all good. However I cannot click any button, flick any switch or turn a knob from "within" FlyInside using either the Vive controller or by looking at the control and pressing the interaction button. Every time I do the sim instantly freezes and VR turns off as Steam detects fsx.exe as unresponsive. Few seconds later it tells me FSX.exe has stopped working.

The very unhelpful "FSX has stopped working" message

Mapped joystick buttons, keypresses, lua scripts and using the mouse to click them all works just fine, as does any other plane. While I am able to fly the F-18 like this it's obviously less enjoyable than using the Vive controller or simply looking at the control and hitting the button.

System specs:
Windows 10
Intel i7 3770k @4GHz
Nvidia GTX1080, driver version 375.95
FSX+Acceleration, boxed version
SteamVR latest stable and beta branch were tested - not sure if that's important.

As usual too many addons to count, but I've set my dll.xml to load nothing but TacPack and cleared all [Trusted] items from the fsx.cfg, yet I was still able to reproduce the issue reliably. I have also removed my ancient UIAutomationCore.dll from the FSX folder to see if it helps, but no such luck.

I am very sorry to bother you with this issue but hope you are able to help me resolve it. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Fly safe
Matt "Mazzn" S.
Windows 10 x64 Pro | Intel i7 3770k@4GHz | Nvidia GTX1080, driver 375.95 | FSX+Acc boxed version | HTC Vive
Mazzn

Re: VRS Superbug freezes/CTD when clicking buttons & switche

Postby Tony » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi Matt and a warm welcome, We have a few people using the Superbug but I think you are the first with the boxed FSX. Have you got the service packs for fsx ? I think the people here use FSX-SE.

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Mazzn » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:01 pm

Hey Tony, thank you for helping me out!
FSX: Acceleration contains both SP1 and SP2, so yeah, I have both service packs thanks to that.
Windows 10 x64 Pro | Intel i7 3770k@4GHz | Nvidia GTX1080, driver 375.95 | FSX+Acc boxed version | HTC Vive
Mazzn

Postby Tony » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:07 pm

Just a quick test if you can, save your fsx.cfg somewhere or rename it old, then let FSX rebuild and see how that goes ? Dan and the superbug were in talks to resolve this but nothing came of it sadly.

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Mazzn » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:17 pm

Tried deleting the FSX.cfg but it didn't change anything.
Mazzn

Postby Tony » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Thats beyond me then mate, hopefully Dan can look into this for you on his return, but I'm thinking acceleration might be the issue, only my opinion though :(

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby admin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Given that this only happens with FlyInside interaction methods (I take it using your mouse is ok), this sounds like a FlyInside bug. Any chance that I could debug on your computer? Shoot me an e-mail including a recap of the bug, dan@flyinside-fsx.com

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Mazzn » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:02 am

Hello Dan,

thank you so much for your reply - an e-mail has now been sent to you.
I apologize for not replying earlier, as I explained in my mail already I haven't had the time to even think about flight sim lately :)

Best regards
Matt
Mazzn

Postby Talon90 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Matt and Tony,

I just wanted to chime in with my experiences that mimic Matt’s almost exactly. I’m using your excellent FlyInside with the Boxed (patched) FSX. My difference is that I’m using the Oculus Rift CV1 with Oculus controllers. FlyInside interaction works perfectly in FSX in all of my other aircraft. The only aircraft I’m having this issue with is the VRS F18. I’m updated with the latest release for the F18 and my Oculus install is only a month old so most of my software is the latest. I can fly the VRS F18 in FSX and interact using my HOTAS buttons and also using my mouse to click around the cockpit. When I attempt to use my Oculus controllers, the first button press causes my screen to freeze, the image to corrupt and an hourglass appears which leads to a crash to desktop. I monitor my VAS useage using FSUIPC and I typically have over 1.3Gb available when these crashes happen.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Paul

P.s. Simply fantastic program by the way.
Talon90

Postby Tony » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi Paul and a warm welcome. This thread is a tad old and we've moved on a bit since ;) can you check for me that you have disabled experimental features within the superbug and try again for me mate ? :)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Next

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here