issues with FSX

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

issues with FSX

Postby cgwilson » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Recently I have been experiencing issues with my Rift and FSX. If I try and change the start up aircraft it doesn`t accept some of them and all I get is the engine sound and no screen. Sometimes it starts on an outside view and then minimizes the screen to the task bar and no matter what I do it wont come up so I have to shut down FSX and re-start it. I tried to load a pre- saved flight last night and after 5 minutes of it "loading" I gave up.

I must say NONE of these issues occur when I run FSX without FlyInside.

I tried uninstalling FlyInside and downloading it again and sometimes that's solves it but for not more than say half a dozen tries.

Any one any ideas?
cgwilson

Re: issues with FSX

Postby Tony » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:39 pm

Are you using SteamVR? If yes try reverting back to standard Steam. We think an update from steam might have done something ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby cgwilson » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:58 pm

No its not steam - its the boxed edition - Acceleration.
cgwilson

Postby Tony » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:44 pm

When it reduces to the task bar try alt tab then enter. Wait 30 secs. If it doesn't return ignore that ;) also have you tried saving your fsx.cfg and letting fsx rebuild a new one ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby cgwilson » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Just tried to load it up again before I try the CFG deletion method - now I received an error from FlyInside - see attached report
Attachments
error-20170223T205028.txt
(200.98 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
cgwilson

Postby Tony » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:17 am

Its a D3D9.DLL error by the looks of it. Do you have Ezdok installed or any other camera addon mate ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby cgwilson » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:04 pm

I don`t have Ezdock - hated that - I do have Fraps though and FS recorder although hardly use them - do you think that may be the issue? going to try the cfg file deletion etc just now and see if that helps
cgwilson

Postby cgwilson » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Ok - I deleted the FSX CFG file and let it rebuild etc. I also deleted the FS Recorder and started it up again. Once again if I choose to load an aircraft from the saved file and not the default start up then is starts outside the aircraft which you see only briefly before I get a light coloured screen with the Rift and its minimized on the task bar on my PC. Then after trying the ALT TAB thing I get a fatal error and it tries to relaunch - very weird!
cgwilson

Postby cgwilson » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:48 pm

I forgot to mention that I sometimes get a Out of Memory notice on FlyInside - never with FSX when using it directly - I have a pretty good system
cgwilson

Postby malexdu » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:58 am

Your problems are likely to be with Steam VR if you are using the Steam BETA VR drivers. The latest update of the BETA drivers is causing FI to encounter a fatal error as soon as the fltsim loads. The error is a D3D error. To solve this go into steam and disable using the BETA drivers. It will then automatically load the latest stable version and this problem should go away. You can tell if your using the BETA drivers from the small VR screen that shows if your headset etc. is connected and tracking. You disable using BETA drivers via tools under steam and not via steam vr. Hope this helps. :)
Malexdu

Win 10 (64 bit) / i7-8700K @ 5.0 mhz / 32mb RAM / Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti / P3Dv4.5 / HP Reverb Pro Headset /AS & ASCA /Flyinside P3D4 1.98 / Too much Orbx Scenery /
malexdu

Next

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here