Strange issue with missions/selection dot

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Strange issue with missions/selection dot

Postby mikebourgeault » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Apologies if this has been covered, i tried a search but couldn't find anything.

I have been using flyinside mostly to work through the "cargo crew" missions. For the most part it works great, but I was having problems being able to manipulate cockpit controls for the dc-3 with the blue interaction dot. I assumed it was just a side effect of it being an older plane and worked around it.

The other day however I loaded up a free flight just for fun, and selected the dc-3 as my plane. To my surprise all the cockpit controls I tried responded perfectly! Loaded up one of the cargo crew missions again and the functionality went away. It looks to me like when flying in a mission, something stops flyinside from being able to act in place of a mouse clicking on controls.

I haven't tested this with other missions yet (the only other ones I've played since getting flyinside were the air alaska ones and that was before we were able to control cockpit switches), but was wondering if anybody else had noticed this?
mikebourgeault

Re: Strange issue with missions/selection dot

Postby Tony » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:22 pm

I thought this was solved many releases ago ? I'll pass it onto Dan for you mate :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby mikebourgeault » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:22 pm

AS an update Ive been able to work around it by assigning my left and right hat switch in flyinside to show mouse and centre mouse. Once I can see the mouse cursor I can use my actual mouse to manipulate radios etc. Not perfect but workable.
mikebourgeault

Postby admin » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Thanks for the report, I'll check out the cargo crew missions and see if I hit the same problem.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby avatario » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:52 am

So whats the status on this?
I cannot use the software at all because i cannot interact with menus, making my paid for software completely unuseable

I updated Prepare3d to the latest release of 3.5 hotfix 3
using latest flyinside 1.71

prepare3d runs fine, flyinside starts and renders to the hmd, but no interaction dot, cannot confirm controller button or make selections.

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here