fsx with windows 10 wont start up

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: fsx with windows 10 wont start up

Postby Brian1256 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Same here, Windows 10 with creators update, Stand alone install of FSX steam(no FSX or other flight sim), Steam, Oculus software and games, FTX Central and scenery, Steves DX10 fixer, FS Global Ultimate Next Gen., Simstarter. FlyInside installed last. This is all the software installed.

Before installing anything the Creators Update was rolled out onto this new computer. I didn't want it but we have no choice and are forced these updates now. No way to turn updates off with Windows10. This was a big update.

Oculus Rift and software work amazing, FSX Steam and all functionality work amazing with no FlyInside

FlyInside installed perfect and saw my FSX Steam installation. When clicking the desktop shortcut for FlyInside a box flashes on the screen that says Steam is attempting to start FSX and then nothing. Clicking on the FSX Desktop shortcut causes the same thing to happen.
With FlyInside installed I tried just about everything on many different forums to try to get things working. In Steam un-check beta opt, then just uninstalled VR part of Steam and running on standard Steam, Enabled outside sources in oculus settings, monitor plugged into video card display port with dp to hdmi adaptor- hdmi to display. Oculus is plugged into video cards only hdmi port and other cable in USB 3.0.Oculus sensors 2 front in USB 3.0 and 1 rear sensor with Extension cable in USB 2.0. I'm not running EZ Dock or any camera utility. CheckedUSB drivers, latest Nvidia drivers are installed.
No anti- virus installed yet. I opened task manager and tried to see if FlyInside or FSX processes opened but they never did.

I really didn't want to do it but I uninstalled FlyInside and FSX started right up and worked great.
I have never seen the FlyInside program to register my purchase or even flew FSX in VR yet. I was soooo close!
I was actually happy to see others up and running experiencing same issue(sorry) with the Win 10 update
After I ran out of things to do.
Any suggestions for anything I missed? Hope they figure it out, for now I got Occulu games to keep me busy!

Hardware is all new
Intel I7 7700K
Asus Turf Z270 motherboard
32 GB 3200 MHz ddr4 in dual channel
Nvidia Ge Force GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition
Samsung Pro 950 SSD hard drive.
Oculus Rift CV1 3 sensors and touch
FSX Steam with Orbx and fly RV-7,8,4 ,Drifter Ultralight and Trike VFR
Simstarter NG
Asus Tuf Z270 MB
intel I7 7700K
32GB 3200 MHz ddr4
Nvidia 1080 TI FE 11GB
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
Win 10 Home
Brian1256

Postby george » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:12 pm

You guys are awesome, thanks for the update! :mrgreen:
george

Postby Brian1256 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Gee that was quick! I guess I posted a few mins too early. Thanks for the great support.

Brian
Long Island,NY
Oculus Rift CV1 3 sensors and touch
FSX Steam with Orbx and fly RV-7,8,4 ,Drifter Ultralight and Trike VFR
Simstarter NG
Asus Tuf Z270 MB
intel I7 7700K
32GB 3200 MHz ddr4
Nvidia 1080 TI FE 11GB
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
Win 10 Home
Brian1256

Postby admin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:42 am

Hi All,

Please test this hot-fix: http://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5368

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby wolfie » Sat May 06, 2017 10:18 am

Had the same problem with my win 10 immediately after a large windows, and an Nividia update. Traced it down to three files in fsx, all starting with d3d or D3D. Fsx now runs ok. Had to move fsx to a second drive. However I cannot get Flyinside to run at all. It starts up FSX, but no VR, I am stuck on the oculus home page. Also have flyinside P3D and that is working fine. As a further complication, nvidia installed some fonts, and they are now working all the time, and are difficult to remove as you have to kill nividia share (?) to do that. Would really appreciate some help on this so I can get VR back in FSX.
wolfie

Previous

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here