FSX Window on wrong monitor

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FSX Window on wrong monitor

Postby Conceit » Mon May 01, 2017 8:20 am

Hi,

after changing monitors on my 2 monitor setup I cannot use flyinside anymore. My primary display (both in Win 10 and nVidia settings) is on the right side of my desktop area. When starting Flyinside, it forces the FSX window to the left monitor. Even moving it by mouse does not work. But, Flyinside only finds and renders windows on the right (primary) monitor. So, the FSX window is not there for flyinside, I cannot choose to start anything.

What I tried:
* Starting FSX withouth Flyinside, putting the Window to the right monitor.
* Reset all Flyinside configuration
* Unchecked all reposition/rearrange window boxes in the setup.
Conceit

Re: FSX Window on wrong monitor

Postby Tony » Mon May 01, 2017 5:24 pm

I think flyinside needs the single monitor and rift plugged into a single gpu? I'll double check with Dan for you.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Conceit » Tue May 02, 2017 5:30 pm

Tony, both monitors and Oculus Rift are on the same GPU (GTX1070). The problem is in settings_pro_FlyInside FSX_settings.ini:

[Graphics]
DX11 Adapter = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 \\.\DISPLAY2
MSAA (Anti-aliasing, requires restart) = 2
DX9 Adapter = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 \\.\DISPLAY1

The DX9 Adapter and DX11 Adapter point to different displays. After correcting this, it works. Still, this is a show-stopping bug for potential new users. It should never happen in the first line that Flyinside tries to capture from a window on DISPLAY 2 while it forces it to render on DISPLAY 1 at the same time.

It's possible that this already went wrong in the Adapter Selection Screen: Here, both monitors are listed as "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070" (without DISPLAY) as if they are two adapters. And with that naming, they are not distinguishable at all. Anyhow and again, no matter what the user chooses here, it is plain odd wrong to force the window rendering on one monitor and then capture the window content from another one.
Conceit

Postby Tony » Tue May 02, 2017 5:53 pm

Good point, I'll give Dan a heads up and get him to answer this for you mate.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby george » Fri May 05, 2017 1:04 am

Not sure if this will work for you, but what I did was switch to a 1 monitor setup in display settings, then start Flyinsie. Once it opens fully, close it. Now activate your second monitor in display settings and start Flyinside one more time. FSX should pop up on your main monitor from then on.
george

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here