AI Traffic

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

AI Traffic

Postby colf » Sat May 06, 2017 11:07 am

I do no see any AI traffic in Flyinside in FSX Pro. I run Traffic 360 and in FSX I can have as much or as little AI traffic as I desire. In Flyinside - ZERO.
I have been playing around with Flyinside for the past month with very little success - hit and miss as to whether or not it loads, frequent freezes and crashes, terrible display quality. All in all a big disappointment but I keep trying. If anyone can help my with AI traffic I would be grateful.
System Specs are as follows:
Total Memory Size:16 GBytes
ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO
Intel Core i7-4770K
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Samsun UHD 27 Inch Monitor
Windows 10 Creator on own SSD
FSX on own SSD
Thanks in anticipation
colf

Re: AI Traffic

Postby Tony » Sat May 06, 2017 5:30 pm

colf, you system is more than good enough to run FSX and the rift. What settings are you using in sim and with Flyinside?

As for the no AI I am sure someone posted about this and solved it ? I'll check the forum for you and hopefully give you an answer.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby colf » Mon May 08, 2017 10:10 am

Hi,
Cannot get into Flyinside settings, cannot get Menu to appear consistently and when it does my selected Interact buttons is very intermittent. The whole process is very intermittent. On every occasion I have to restart Flyinside before I can actually fly. I have just spent last hour achieving nothing.
I did spend several hours yesterday trying various settings and the following is the results I have achieved so far:
I have just tried the following Flyinside FSX Settings as per a post I read yesterday:
Graphics - Frame Rate Unlimited.
Filtering - Anistropic and NO Anti-aliasing.
Global texture resolution - Very High
Lens Flare - On
Advanced animations - On
Information text - Continuous.

Aircraft - Default cockpit view - 3d
Show cockpit tooltips - On
High resolution 3d virtual cockpit - On
Aircraft landing-lights illuminate Ground - On

Scenery - Terrain and water - Level of detail radius - Large
Mesh complexity - 100
Mesh Resolution 10m
Texture resolution - 7cm
Water effects - Low 2.x
Land detail textures - On
Scenery complexity - Very Dense
Auogen density - Dense
Special effects details - High

Weather - Visual settings - Cloud draw distance - 60mi
Thermal visualization - Natural
Cloud detail - Detailed clouds - On
Cloud coverage density - Maximum
Download winds aloft date - On
Disable turbulence and thermal effects on aircraft - On

Traffic - Airline traffic density - 41
General aviation - 32
Airport vehicle - Medium
Road vehicles - 7
Ships and Ferries - 31
Leisure boats 18

Attempted to run this and received error:
The Oculus Rift could not be found on the selected adapter. Please restart Flyinside and choose a Different display adapter.
(Rift is connected using USB 3.0 on USB 3.0 Card which is powered by PSU.)
Also received error:
Runtime Error! Program 86\Miscrosoft Games\Microsoft Flight SimulatorX\fsx.exe -
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Eventually got Flyinside loaded and managed a flight as follows:
Carried out flight in Beechcraft Baron - No AI, Flight was smooth with all "sensations" but picture quality was mediocre.

Set all FSX Settings to default and did same Flight - No AI, Picture quality about the same but view only good for about 2 to 3 miles. After that all that was visible was Blue with Black outlines. All "sensations" were okay.
In todays attempts Flyinside insisted on Unlimited Frame Rates!
Colf
colf

Postby Tony » Mon May 08, 2017 4:00 pm

That is bizarre ??? It seems you may (may) have something going on with your rift ? Do you have any spare USB2 ports you can plug it into ? Support over at the Oculus forums say this can give better results ???
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby colf » Tue May 09, 2017 1:52 am

Hi,
My case has built in USB 3.0 PORTS into which I orginally plugged Rift and it worked, but frequently getting message that USB not recognized (but it was after reboot) so installed USB 3.0 card which is always recognized. The Rift and Flyinside worked the same in both USB 3.0 setups. I will try USB 2.0 ports.
Rift works perfecty fine on its own.
Colf
colf

Postby colf » Wed May 10, 2017 1:19 am

Hi,
Moved to USB 2.0. All started well but when trying to adjust position hundreds of black square flashing and screen froze. Cleared Flyinside and started again. Got to Flyinside screen but no menus and it crashed again with same error as previously reported. RIFT working fine. Flyinside closed and restarted and I was then asked which adapter I should use. After choosing it asked same question again. It did this 5 times and then got a Runtime error. Rebooted PC.
Started Flyinside again and again asked which adapter. After choosing I got to an aircraft loaded and the Runtime error. Put Rift back into USB 3.0 and restarted Flyinside. All started okay and managed a couple of flights; display was mediocre and again cannot get Menu to display. Had enought so will try one more time tomorrow.
Started Flyinside, loaded aircraft and immediately it froze and gave me a Fatal error. PC then froze. Rebooted and started again. Loaded aircraft and Black Flashing Squares and screen froze.
That is it for me now. I have spent many many hours (in fact,days)on this and getting absolutely nowhere.
I would like to take up Dans offer in his email of 1 May of a refund. Maybe one day in perhaps a years time I will relook at Flyinside.
As a matter of interest I can fly in FSX normally and get (if I wish) well over 100FPS with loads of AI and quality of display is perfect.
Thanks for all assistance.
colf

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here