ENB Series / Reshade / etc

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

ENB Series / Reshade / etc

Postby Diems » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi All,

First of all, big thanks to Dan for all his work on flyinside. It's becoming an amazing product!
Now for the question, I installed win10, runtime 0.7 with required Nvidia drivers and latest beta preview for 0.7. I't all working wonderful although ENB or reshade will not work as ENB needs to manipulate d3d9.dll and reshade did not work (fsx crash).

Anyone having any luck with this on win10 runtime 0.7?

ps. With Dan's skills, he could incorporate the ENB Series code within his d3d9.dll installation and perhaps have a switch to turn it on and off :p That would be freakin awesome..haha
Diems

Re: ENB Series / Reshade / etc

Postby admin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:32 pm

So at the moment, FlyInside just doesn't work at all with ENB or Reshade. They both try to intercept the graphics pipeline to do their own thing and get into a fight :o

I'd be open to incorporating the ENB Series code. Is there a particular shader which is popular with FSX, which happens to be open source?
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Diems » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:20 am

Thanks for your reply. How I understand it, the shader injection method is generic and there are several implementations making use of it (ENB, SweetFX, ReShade). All with their own preferences and customization :p

I have no programming knowledge whatsoever but would an ini file where you call for a proxylibrary (the ENB renamed dll) be an option to create compatibility?
Diems

Postby n3bulaR » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:00 pm

Any news about this? compatibility-wise, workarounds etc.?
intel i5-4690K CPU
8 GB RAM
GeForce GTX970, Driver Version 385.41
Win 8.1, FSX SP2 + Acceleration
DK2, Oculus Home 1.17
n3bulaR

Postby Diems » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:25 pm

Ok I'm back :]
This time I bought Xplane 11 and Flyinside XP Pro (Thanks Dan, the money well worth). Been away form the flightsim for about 2 years and I now remember why :p
The tweaking starts all over again haha

Anyway, I must say that it's coming close to full functional using the rift and do a IVOA flight with plans for example. In my search during tweaking I again stumbled on Reshade in an effort to enhance the resolution and color scheme.
Looks like it's still not working with Flyinside?

Any update perhaps on if this will be in scope (soon) to incorporate with Flyinside?
Diems

Postby photonic » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:27 am

Yeah, it causes flyinside to no longer work in FSX. I install, and fsx starts without flyinside. Rather than reinstalling flyinside, just copy the original files before they're replaced.

I want to tweak the night lighting, as the unlit night textures are too bright.
photonic

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here