Error

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Error

Postby Adam » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Same thing for me, error 20. The error windows keep popping up, I have to kill task in Task Manager in order to use PC.
Adam Lau
ASUS Z97-A | i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | 2x EVGA GeForce GTX770 SC Edition on SLI | Team Vulcan 16gb RAM 1600 | Windows 7 64bit | Lots of HHD's and SSD's | CM 240mm Poseidon Water Cooler | nVidia 353.30 WHQL
Adam

Postby admin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:20 pm

Most games aren't trying to present a DirectX 9 windowed application on the Oculus ;)

A major source of FlyInside hardware incompatibilities comes from the fact that it needs to leave FSX on your monitor (FSX is designed for a monitor, and receives its mouse input here), while presenting the image on the Oculus Rift. This is different from other games, in that the app is natively drawing to monitor, then being shown on the Rift, where-as most games draw to Rift and mirror to monitor. To top it off, DirectX 9 is very old and not (understandably) supported by the Oculus SDK. I end up jumping through a few hoops to make this work, and I'm improving the process to support more hardware.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:23 pm

Adam wrote:Same thing for me, error 20. The error windows keep popping up, I have to kill task in Task Manager in order to use PC.

Adam, can you start a separate thread for this, to help keep things organized? When you do, can you include the full text of the error message (filename, number, etc)? I know it's a pain, but it'll help us track down the bug faster.

Just a guess, but your signature says that you're running SLI. SLI isn't supported by FlyInside, so make sure you have FSX configured to run only on a single GPU from the NVIDIA Control Panel. If the FSX window ends up running off of one GPU, and the Oculus display ends up running off of the other, you can get these errors when FlyInside can't pass your view between GPUs.

The other thing to try, is making sure that your monitor and your Rift are plugged into the same GPU. I'm not sure if this is necessary, but it could help.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby KlausFly » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:54 am

I had the same error.
Caused by FSX running on a different GPU than the Oculus.
Fixed by running everything on one GPU.

Alpha works fantastic, so far!
KlausFly

Postby rear_gunner » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:15 pm

KlausFly wrote:I had the same error.
Caused by FSX running on a different GPU than the Oculus.
Fixed by running everything on one GPU.

Alpha works fantastic, so far!

How did you do that?

Espen
rear_gunner

Postby KlausFly » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:34 pm

I disabled all displays running on my non-Oculus-GPU to make sure, all remaining displays will run on the same.
I did use the NVIDIA Control Panel - Set up multiple displays.
There you can see which GPU your displays are running on and uncheck the ones you don't want to interfere with FlyInside.
You can also use the Control Panel - Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution to do that.
KlausFly

Previous

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here