Having problems? Please read this!

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Having problems? Please read this!

Postby Stevil » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:10 am

Hi,

when trying to help you folks we often have to ask the same questions again and again so I decided to open one general topic on this.

If you have problems running FlyInside FSX with FSX please include the following information in your post:

• Did you already search the forum if another user has the same issue? It often helps to search, for example, for the .cpp-file which was mentioned in the error message. Please invest at least a few minutes to look for that.
  • Which version of FlyInside FSX do you use?
  • Which version of FSX do you use?
  • What FSX plugins do you use?
  • Do you use reshaders? These often cause problems! Reset them to default before using FlyInside.
  • Please upload the log file which FlyInside generates. It can normally be found under "C:\Users\<YOURUSERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside".
  • Sometimes it also makes sense to upload the log file from FSX or to give us some screenshots from your issue.
  • Are your drivers up to date? Especially the GFX drivers?
  • Are you running our software on a laptop? Laptops often have a builtin Intel HD graphic adapter which does not work with FlyInside. You should disable it if you encounter any problems
  • Is your HMD plugged directly into the HDMI-port of the accelerated GFX-card?

Please include your rig in your signature so we can have a look on that! You can just copy mine and edit it to fit to your specs

Thanks for reading!
If you provide as much information as possible right from the start we can (hopefully) solve your issue as fast as possible. ;)

Best regards and happy flying
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here