Flickering

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flickering

Postby SpritelyNZ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi there,

Just want to address an issue i'm having after loading my flight in FSX Steam.

Hardware and Drivers;
GTX 980
Monitor 144hz 27" 1920x1080
Graphics driver version: 353.30

The flickering is consistent like a camera shutter. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

oh btw, I've made a pledge because I think this software has so much potential.

kelvin
SpritelyNZ

Re: Flickering

Postby admin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi Kelvin,

First off, thank you for pledging! I really appreciate it, and I'm doing everything I can to resolve the different issues some people are encountering.

A few questions:
1. Can you try setting your monitor to 60hz? It shouldn't matter, but in the world of graphical glitches, just about anything could cause any problem :o
2. Are you using any FSX add-ons or plugins besides FlyInside?
3. Do you see the flickering in "cloud mode" and "cockpit mode", or does "cloud mode" look ok, with flickering only in "cockpit mode"?
4. What aircraft are you testing with, and have you played with different aircraft/graphical settings?
5. Do you have any NVIDIA overrides or injector programs turned on, such as NVIDIA Super Resolution, which could interfere with FlyInside doing its thing?
6. Can you try both direct and extended mode, to see if either mode works better than the other?
7. Is this a single GTX 980, or do you have an SLI setup?
8. Which version of Windows?
9. Which Oculus/FlyInside SDK version?
10. Which FSX version?

I know that's a lot of questions, but to track down an issue like this, I need to start out with a wide net.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby SpritelyNZ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:36 pm

admin wrote:Hi Kelvin,

First off, thank you for pledging! I really appreciate it, and I'm doing everything I can to resolve the different issues some people are encountering.

A few questions:
1. Can you try setting your monitor to 60hz? It shouldn't matter, but in the world of graphical glitches, just about anything could cause any problem :o
2. Are you using any FSX add-ons or plugins besides FlyInside?
3. Do you see the flickering in "cloud mode" and "cockpit mode", or does "cloud mode" look ok, with flickering only in "cockpit mode"?
4. What aircraft are you testing with, and have you played with different aircraft/graphical settings?
5. Do you have any NVIDIA overrides or injector programs turned on, such as NVIDIA Super Resolution, which could interfere with FlyInside doing its thing?
6. Can you try both direct and extended mode, to see if either mode works better than the other?
7. Is this a single GTX 980, or do you have an SLI setup?
8. Which version of Windows?
9. Which Oculus/FlyInside SDK version?
10. Which FSX version?

I know that's a lot of questions, but to track down an issue like this, I need to start out with a wide net.

Thanks for the quick response.

So I tested some things and discovered that it seems to be the A2A product, maybe something in the way it was made. I changed to default aircraft and the flickering has disappeared. So this looks to be a third party addon conflict.

Seeing as this is Alpha, i'm still happy to use the default aircraft for now. Can't wait for CV1 to see more clarity in distant scenery and objects.

Cheers,

Kelvin
SpritelyNZ

Postby Adam » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:06 pm

Hi,
I can confirm that A2A airplanes produce flickering, as I also get a black screen, FIFSX UI menu and flickering.
Hoping this will be taken care off in the future.
Adam Lau
ASUS Z97-A | i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | 2x EVGA GeForce GTX770 SC Edition on SLI | Team Vulcan 16gb RAM 1600 | Windows 7 64bit | Lots of HHD's and SSD's | CM 240mm Poseidon Water Cooler | nVidia 353.30 WHQL
Adam

Postby admin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Got it. I definitely do plan to address A2A aircraft in the future! They are a very popular set of aircraft, so while they flicker now, don't worry, it will be fixed :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Forza42 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:06 am

agree, i saw the same thing with the Comanche A2A
i5 4270K, GTX 970, 16Go RAM, SSD
FSX : FTX Global, FTX Europe LC, FTX NZNI, Orbx Libs Pack, Shade, REX 4. Planes : couple of Carenado, A2A, Aerosoft, VRS F18+TP
Forza42

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here