Blue dot disappears

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Blue dot disappears

Postby M100psi » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi,

Occasionally the blue dot used for interaction in the VR environment disappears. Sometimes it isn't even present when I first load FSX through FlyInside, but appears after a few seconds or minutes. Sometimes resetting the system seems to help, sometimes not. Do others have this problem, and is there any known correlation (as in, am I running something else on my system that I shouldn't be)?

Thanks,
Matt
M100psi

Re: Blue dot disappears

Postby dfb » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Hey Matt, I'm having that problem right now - it has never happened in the past for me.

After some fiddling around I realized that forcibly turning off my hand controllers (I'm using a Vive) made the dot reappear. I normally never use hand controllers in FI because I find it too cumbersome, but apparently one of them was "awake" when I started FI, so it appears that if it finds an active controller, the interaction dot is hidden and the controller is used. Once I turned off the controller, the dot came back. Hopefully something similar will work for you!
dfb

Postby rosburn » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:25 pm

I am having a similar problem on some of the 3rd party aircraft. The blue dot is present outside the airplane windows but will not show up inside the cockpit, it is as though FlyInside-FSX is not recognizing the aircraft. This is a consistent issue with several aircraft - anyone else having that problem?
rosburn

Postby photonic » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:59 am

If the blue dot is replaced with a hand icon on the flyinside window in FSX then you can only interact with your touch controllers. If the touch controllers are nearby, you should be able to detect the blue hands within your cockpit. You can assign a key to disable and the touch controller in fsx.
photonic

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here