Error Report - FIXED?

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Error Report - FIXED?

Postby Adam » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Hi Dan,

First and foremost, thank you!

Thank you for taking the task of putting FSX in VR arena. I'm a firm believer that VR and FSX were made for each other, and with today's tech, with a few hundred dollars, technology allows us to be "inside" a cockpit of our favorite aircraft. I can't wait to see were this is headed, as the Alpha works great now on my end.

Now for the Error report I had earlier.

Upon my 1st install I had the following message:

"FlyInside fatal Error Encoutered Rendering\TextureQueue.cpp: Line 20"

So this are the steps I took in order to "fix" pr resolve my problem:

Now, I have a 3 monitor setup on my PC, I believe FIFSX ( That's short for FlyInside FSX, can we use that from now on?) didn't like that, so I not only disconnected all but my main monitor and,

Now that all I have is one monitor, I used DDU ( Display Driver Unistaller Click Here to Download DDU ) to remove all traces of nVidia and basically make a fresh install of the latest driver out there, now I rebooted,

Once I restarted Windows I re-checked that SLI was DISABLED on the nVidia Control Panel,

Reinstalled FIFSX and it worked!

The only downside that that I can't use my other monitors, but this is a HUGE step forward, I hope that in the future FIFSX brings multimonitor support. Again, thanks Dan!
Adam Lau
ASUS Z97-A | i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | 2x EVGA GeForce GTX770 SC Edition on SLI | Team Vulcan 16gb RAM 1600 | Windows 7 64bit | Lots of HHD's and SSD's | CM 240mm Poseidon Water Cooler | nVidia 353.30 WHQL
Adam

Re: Error Report - FIXED?

Postby langdon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:05 pm

First and foremost,
Dan...what you are creating here is "Flight Simulator Next" !
I can't thank you enough. This is just an amazing experience.
I recently got my "real world' pilots license and I've been helping out a bunch of friends get theirs by using my multi monitor setup and fsx to get circuit procedures etc down pat.
WOW did that just take a turn into "Reality"! Now they can look over their shoulder and gauge distances completely realistically. Being old guys and not video game savvy they had real issues with the 2d nature of fsx. That just evaporated and now they can concentrate on the procedures and not on trying to find depth in a 2d scene.
You are solving real world problems and we all thankyou.

Now to the error and my fix...
I am running four screens in my setup. 2 screens are fed from the intel video card integrated into my motherboard and 2 screens + rift are fed from an Nvidia gtx 660ti. (driver version 353.30)

My solution was to go into control panel -> device manager and disable the intel video card while I'm running fsx

Worked like a charm! Hope this helps.
Win 10 64bit | FSX Boxed/ FSX-SE / P3Dv3.4 | MSI z97 Gaming 7 | OC Intel i5-4690K, 4.5 GHz | 8GB Ram
GTX 980 - driver latest | Matrox TH2G | Intel HD Gfx 4600 (onboard) | Oculus CV1
FlyInside FSX and P3D Beta Backer
langdon

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here