Flyinside World Scale

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flyinside World Scale

Postby photonic » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:34 am

Hi

I am curious, what do you set your world scale for flyinside in FSX?

I have noticed that the default scale (1) is too large for some of my addons, which can make cockpits appear smaller (or the viewer larger) than in reality. I found 0.90 gives a more realistic scale.
photonic

Re: Flyinside World Scale

Postby Tony » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:06 pm

I use a slider and just adjust it until I am happy ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Casimir » Wed May 16, 2018 1:37 pm

I've found that it depends entirely on the plane. I use a lot of Carenado / Alabeo planes, as well as the PMDG 737NGX and now the A2A C172 as well.

With the Carenado Seneca, I have to shrink the world scale a tick or two, or the cockpit feels too large. I have the same issue with the PMDG 737NGX also... the few times I've been close enough to see into a real 737NG cockpit has shown me that it seems a lot more cramped than the 1.0 world scale displays in FI. I've found over the last couple days that this seems to be the case with the A2A C172 as well - I had the benefit of actually flying a real C172 the day before I bought the A2A addon, and the A2A feels much more roomy unless the world scale is dropped a tick. By contrast however, I usually have to up the world scale a tick for the Carenado Piper Navajo cockpit - it just seems too small otherwise (but then, I've never been in or seen the cockpit of a Navajo IRL either - so I'm going more by images and "feel" than reality with that plane).

Aside from those, usually a 1.0 on the world scale slider seems about right for most everything else I usually fly.

As a side note, just as far as perspective goes in VR, I also fly IL2 Sturmovik: BoX a lot, 90% of the time in a Bf109. I'd always heard that the 109 cockpit was small compared to other planes of the era - and if they have it modeled correctly, man all I can say is wow. You really feel crammed in that cockpit. The C172 cockpit is huge by (VR) comparison.
System Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus Z170 Pro Aura, Intel i7-6700, 32gigs RAM, GeForce GTX 1080, FSX Acceleration, Retail Oculus Rift (runtime 1.9)
Casimir

Postby Wendell5160 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:51 pm

I try to set my world scale by looking at the buttons and knobs and switches....so far it seems to give me the correct feel...But as always it what the user likes :D
Windows 10-64 bit HTC Vive- FI FSX steam Not sold on XP11 yet- AMD 4 gig -intel 5 6400
Wendell5160

Postby photonic » Wed May 23, 2018 2:46 am

Casimir wrote:I've found that it depends entirely on the plane. I use a lot of Carenado / Alabeo planes, as well as the PMDG 737NGX and now the A2A C172 as well.

With the Carenado Seneca, I have to shrink the world scale a tick or two, or the cockpit feels too large. I have the same issue with the PMDG 737NGX also... the few times I've been close enough to see into a real 737NG cockpit has shown me that it seems a lot more cramped than the 1.0 world scale displays in FI. I've found over the last couple days that this seems to be the case with the A2A C172 as well - I had the benefit of actually flying a real C172 the day before I bought the A2A addon, and the A2A feels much more roomy unless the world scale is dropped a tick. By contrast however, I usually have to up the world scale a tick for the Carenado Piper Navajo cockpit - it just seems too small otherwise (but then, I've never been in or seen the cockpit of a Navajo IRL either - so I'm going more by images and "feel" than reality with that plane).

Aside from those, usually a 1.0 on the world scale slider seems about right for most everything else I usually fly.

As a side note, just as far as perspective goes in VR, I also fly IL2 Sturmovik: BoX a lot, 90% of the time in a Bf109. I'd always heard that the 109 cockpit was small compared to other planes of the era - and if they have it modeled correctly, man all I can say is wow. You really feel crammed in that cockpit. The C172 cockpit is huge by (VR) comparison.

I think I agree. Would you consider .90 too low for the pmdg ngx? I also own the A2A 172, and the ground speed became more noticeable when transitioning between a climb and cruise. The ground textures seemed more detailed and FOV much higher.
photonic

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here