Fatal Error at startup - Flyinsider unusable

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Fatal Error at startup - Flyinsider unusable

Postby fsxlife » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:08 am

Hi

I used the demo mode for a few 15min sessions today without any issues. Then I purchased the licence and activated it fine.

After activating the licence, I have not been able to start FlyInside at all! So I cannot use the software anymore.

I get an error "DepthBufferMouseIntersectable10.cpp" as shown in the attached screenshot as soon as I start FlyInside. I have tried restarting the PC, deleting fsx.cfg, and flyinsider appdata, no luck.

Please help! Is this the correct place to get FlyInside software support?

CPU Intel i7 7700k - GPU Aorus GTX 1080 Ti - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator FSX Steam Edition all updated + VR HTC Vive
Attachments
error message.PNG
error screenshot and message
error message.PNG (488.6 KiB) Viewed 5293 times
dxdiag.txt
DXDiag
(65.09 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
error logs FlyInside.zip
Error Logs
(518.21 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
fsxlife

Re: Fatal Error at startup - Flyinsider unusable

Postby Tony » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:36 am

Sorry for the delay. Can you email below and we will look into this for you asap
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby fsxlife » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:02 pm

Thanks for the response, but I was able to get this working last night by reducing the SteamVR Application Resolution for FSX. Why this symptom occured after licensing the trial i have no clue.

Anyway, it seems that Setting anything above 200% causes this error, I don't know why (too much memory required which the 32bit FSX cannot use?). I have other games I use the VIVE with, i.e. Elite / Fallout using 400% resolution without issues so its either FSX or Flyinside's issue not sure - maybe you can help find the root cause so that we can use better resolution in VR?

Also, I LOVE Flyinside and what you've achieved in VR so thank you to your team.
fsxlife

Postby Tony » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:45 pm

Interesting, I'll check if Dan is aware of this, thank you for letting me know ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here