FSX & FlyInside Activate Partially (No Display on DK2)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FSX & FlyInside Activate Partially (No Display on DK2)

Postby norc » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:05 am

So as the title says, when I fire up FSX it loads and tells me it needs to make changes, I click OK. It closes down.

I load it back up, blue light comes on tracker (with DK2 still on and in direct mode) and press "Fly Now". I have an oddly shaped window (9:16 aspect).

The Tracker is still on and working but only smooth for a second before it becomes very lagged. The DK2 display never enables, I have tried pressing F9 as well as going to "View" menu and changing to Virtual Cockpit with no joy.

* Flight Simulator Gold Edition (With Acceleration Pack) -- Fresh Install
* Game installed in C:\Games\MSFSX
* Windows 7 (x64) with all latest patches
* Oculus DK2
* NVidia 560 TI (350.12 Driver)
* Oculus Runtime 0.6.0.0
* i7 4770 CPU
* 8GB Ram

Tried in "Direct Mode" and "Extended" with no joy ... It starts up and the Oculus Tracker turns on, the game becomes insanely slow but I can get to the flight screen. Then occasionally I get a second or three of tracking responsiveness before it stops responding again.

Happy to provide a DXDiag File or what ever else you might need.

When I start FSX without the DK2 on the game is fine as a side note... so it is definitely partially activating.
System Specs:-

Flight Simulator Gold Edition (With Acceleration Pack)
Windows 7 (x64) - NVidia 560 TI - Oculus Runtime 0.6.0.0 - i7 4770 CPU - 8GB Ram

Retroverse - Australian Flight Simulator Server http://www.retroverse.com.au/fshost/
norc

Re: FSX & FlyInside Activate Partially (No Display on DK2)

Postby norc » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:23 am

I opt'd to remove the boxed install, brought the Steam version.. installed Fly-Inside... bang it all works flawlessly with 60+ FPS.

Windows 7 (x64) - NVidia 560 TI - Oculus Runtime 0.6.0.0 - i7 4770 CPU - 8GB Ram

Retroverse - Australian Flight Simulator Server http://www.retroverse.com.au/fshost/
norc

Postby Tony » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:08 am

Glad you're up and away :) it does say on Dans kickstarter FAQ that it runs best with Fsx se and I'm glad you're now enjoying Flyinside!!! Try multi player , you'll love it :)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby norc » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:10 pm

I honestly did not expect there to be *that* much difference between the Gold boxed edition and Steam... and being what I thought was essentially the same game that it would work.

Now to re-install my Orbx package and connect to my FS Multiplayer Server (http://www.retroverse.com.au/flightsim/)

norc

Postby admin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:10 pm

Let me know how it works out for you. While I recommend the steam edition, it shouldn't be broken in others! Could you link me to the exact edition you were having this problem with? I've added compatibility to a few different versions now, and each one has annoyingly subtle differences :!:
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby gustavor38 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:12 pm

I have the first boxed version in spanish language. The instalation was right without errors, make the modifications in fsx and detects my 980 at first.
When I launch it I can see the cloudy screen in DK2 waiting for FSX. After that game starts in a window in screen, and load a fly that starts in virtual cockpit.
In monitor the fsx is started and working with a load game in virtual cockpit, it reacts to the controls as normal but the DK2 remains in cloudy without mouse or way to close/stop the information window.
Any help? I am really interested in this software.
Thank you.
gustavor38

Postby Muso-Ka » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:45 am

gustavor38 wrote:I have the first boxed version in spanish language. The instalation was right without errors, make the modifications in fsx and detects my 980 at first.
When I launch it I can see the cloudy screen in DK2 waiting for FSX. After that game starts in a window in screen, and load a fly that starts in virtual cockpit.
In monitor the fsx is started and working with a load game in virtual cockpit, it reacts to the controls as normal but the DK2 remains in cloudy without mouse or way to close/stop the information window.
Any help? I am really interested in this software.
Thank you.

I have the same problem. FSX Deluxe Edition v.10.0.61357.0 (rus), Nvidia driver 353.30, Oculus DK2 0.6.0.0
Think that Flyinside works only with the English version of the simulator
I hope very much for your help. Thanks.
I7 4930K 3,4 Ghz (4,4 Ghz), Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11Gb, RAM 32 Gb G Skill 2400, Win 10 64bit - Samsung SSD 850 Pro, Thrustmaster - HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek - Combat Rudder Pedals, Switch Panel, Multi Panel, TPM System, Oculus Rift CV1+touch, Leap Motion.
Muso-Ka

Postby Godislove4u » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:09 am

I got it to play only when I downloaded both files the new and 5.o I use the second to newest on the oculus rift not the newest update but u can down load the flyinside 5.0 and it will work in ur dk2
Godislove4u

Postby gustavor38 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:27 pm

I just bought steam edition and its working even in other drive than C
gustavor38

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here