VR always starting

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

VR always starting

Postby Gibair55 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi all

i have FSX Steam on two pc working fine,
i also have FlyInside on both pc not working fine.
in one pc works like a dream on the other it just takes over my FSX Steam a bit wearied no?

Well hope i can explain what is going on,

FSX Steam runs with no issues what’s so ever, as soon as i install Flyinside it goes hi ware.

Here is what’s happening, if i do not have FlyInside installed and i double click on the FSX Steam icon to start the Flightsim it will start-up with no problem at all,
i have to add that i do also have installed the Oculus Rift Software and with no issues at all.

As soon as i install the Flyinside and i again double click on the FSX Steam icon to start the Flightsim it simply goes to VR Mode by itself when it should not do that as I am not running the Flyinside at all.

Now if double click on the Flyinside icon as per normal it goes to VR Mode as it should...

My question is why has Flyinside take over the control of the FSX Steam default icon? when should not do that?
if i wanted to go VR i simply double click on the "Flyinside" Icon as per normal and here we fly in vr mode great.

I have deleted the desktop icon of the FSX Steam and added a new shortcut, but it still does the same, it goes to VR Mode when it shouldn’t do that.
The other thing i have tried is going to my steam store and doing an integrity check of the files but i does not get any error.

Now as soon as i un install the Flyinside it all goes back to normal, I can again run the same FSX Steam icon with no problems at all.

Well it a pity i can't install Flyinside without it taking over the default icon of my Flightsim,
the thing is i have it running on the other pc with the same FSX Steam & Flyinside and I have to say with no issues at all Flyinside works like dream.

I bought this pc all new high end so i can fly VR more regularly and with the idea to buy a better Flightsim than FSX Steam.

hope you can help me please
I would like to say thanks in advance.
Gibair55

Re: VR always starting

Postby Tony » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:18 am

On the pc you are having trouble with try this, find your FSX-SE.cfg and either rename or delete.

Start FSX up as normal via the steam start process and let me know if this fixes the issue.

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: VR always starting

Postby Gibair55 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:13 am

Hi Tony

Just to say thanks all sorted

by the way it works i did what you suggested
i don't really know what happend there but it's back to normal

Thanks ever so much as i love flying in VR and VFR.
Gibair55

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here