Flyinside Fatal Error Encountered

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flyinside Fatal Error Encountered

Postby MegaWatt » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:12 pm

Looking through previous posts, I've seen others have had this problem, but I've not seen any solutions. The message is" Flyinside Fatal Error Encountered (-2005270523,0) Rendering\TextureQueueShared Surface.cpp: Line 152". I've had pretty good luck flying in VR, and I'm currently 39 hours into flying around the globe in VR in the 737-800. But today, 90 minutes into the flight, the PC crashed. I was level at 21000 feet on autopilot tracking the GPS. I had been using Active Sky Next at the time, so to eliminate one variable, I rebooted the PC and restarted the flight without ASN Weather. Climbing to altitude at about 4 minutes, the PC crashed again. This time I decided that I would post the error to see if anyone might be able to help. I've attached the error file and a screen capture of the cockpit at the time of the crash. My video driver is NVIDIA 26.21.14.4614, 5/15/2020. Any advice would be appreciated.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (144.71 KiB) Viewed 4698 times
error-20200705T152231.txt
(494.15 KiB) Downloaded 469 times
ASUS Maximus IX Hero MBoard, Intel Core I7-7700@4.2 GHz, 32 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
CH Products USB Flight Sim Yoke, Logitech G PRO Flight Rudder Pedals
Oculus Rift
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
FSX Steam Edition, Active Sky Next Add-on, Steam Edition
MegaWatt

Re: Flyinside Fatal Error Encountered

Postby MegaWatt » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:53 am

An update. After reading about a potential solution regarding the cameras.cfg file, I investigated my system. I saw in the error file that the program was trying to find cameras.cfg, but failed to open either file in the FSX or the FSX-SE subdirectories. Neither of my ..\AppData\local\Microsoft\FSX or FSX-SE directories had cameras.cfg files in them. My cameras.cfg files were in the ..\AppData\ROAMING\Microsoft\FSX & FSX-SE directories! Well, I know it won't hurt for the .cfg files to be in both locations, so I copied the two .cfg files from the ROAMING subdirectory into the corresponding directories in the LOCAL subdirectory. I don't know if this solved the problem, but I was able to make the 1.7 hour flight without any problem after that. If the problem pops up again, I'll update!
Oculus Rift
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
MegaWatt

Re: Flyinside Fatal Error Encountered

Postby MegaWatt » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:06 pm

Another update. Copying the camera.cfg files didn't help. I just got another fatal error, but it's a different one this time. Again, I'm climbing to 11,000 about 3 minutes into the flight. The error today is "Flyinside Fatal Error Encountered (-205270523,0) Input\DepthBufferMouseIntersectable10.cpp: Line 98". After I got the error message, the plane continued to fly, but I was unable to control it. Once I clicked on the error message, FSX closed out. I don't know what might be crashing the system; the last flight was 1.7 hours without a glitch. Again, I've attached the error file. I didn't do a cockpit screenshot this time; it was a normal looking cockpit screen. I have attached the screenshot of the error message.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (108.1 KiB) Viewed 4214 times
error-20200706T131637.txt
(360.19 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
Oculus Rift
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
MegaWatt