configuring POV keys

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

configuring POV keys

Postby dcullen » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:21 pm

Daniel, you talked about allowing us to be able to configure the way we change POV in the cockpit, I see you have incorporated a reset and tap of the rift, excellenty, but these are still automatic
not user defined methods. I generally end up too far back because I like to be over the controls and would like a way to move forward/up down using keys to fine tune the camera position
I had the same issues with DCOC which also doesn't allow keys to be configured but does allow you to use the joystick hat, unfortunately my heli controls I use does not have a hat so
again I am unable to move my position using P3D.
Is there any configuration of keys for POV changes available/possible/planned ?
i7-4790k @ 4.0 GHz, Win 8.1/64, EVGA GTX 970 SC
Oculus Runtime 0.6.0.0, Flight Simulator X-Steam (also P3D)
Orbx FTX Global Base/Vector, Regions + Airports (e.g. Cairns, Southampton, Fairoaks etc) + NYC X + others
dcullen

Re: configuring POV keys

Postby admin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:03 pm

The reason FlyInside doesn't have POV controls is because it's designed to play nicely with FSX. Go to "Options -> Settings -> Controls" on the FSX menu (not FlyInside). Then, use the BUTTONS / KEYS tab. Set your "Event Category" to "Views". You should see a bunch of "Eyepoint" controls. You can bind those to your joystick or keyboard, and use them to change your position around the cockpit.

It's not very obvious though, I'll add it to the FAQ. Let me know if you have any issues with that, or if it doesn't work for you.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: configuring POV keys

Postby dcullen » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:33 pm

thanx, yes the view setup in fsx does indeed work as mentioned, this was not the case in DCOC which was why I asked

btw, I notice when you move forwards with these keys the flyinside setting panel does not move in relation (it becomes in your face :D ), I mention it because this could be an issue when using
the other pop panels etc (unless they can be moved forward/backwards when placed) , just in case yopu are not aware of this issue
i7-4790k @ 4.0 GHz, Win 8.1/64, EVGA GTX 970 SC
Oculus Runtime 0.6.0.0, Flight Simulator X-Steam (also P3D)
Orbx FTX Global Base/Vector, Regions + Airports (e.g. Cairns, Southampton, Fairoaks etc) + NYC X + others
dcullen

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here