Flight Simulator was unable to load.............

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flight Simulator was unable to load.............

Postby Sheza58 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:03 am

Anyone else getting this message on start up? "Flight simulator was unable to load some program files and will now exit. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the program installation"? I was flying fine in the rift until I decided to uninstall ORBX software. I can run FSX without Flyinside but it wont run with. Only runs when I uninstall Flyinside which isn't exactly the point!
Sheza58

Re: Flight Simulator was unable to load.............

Postby Sheza58 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:16 pm

Never mind. Sussed it. Just uninstalled FlyInside, searched for any cheeky Flyinside files that were left after the uninstall. Deleted those and reinstalled.
Sheza58

Postby AucklandRift » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:05 am

...where and what were those cheeky files? I've just loaded Steam Edition and can't get the FlyInside to click in and take over FSX. It was working well yesterday until I fouled up a file and after a frustrating several hours decided to go to Steam Ed...thanks...using Direct to Rift and all the recommended settings...wonder if it's a registry situation...
AucklandRift

Postby admin » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:04 pm

FlyInside doesn't really use the registry. The main FlyInside file is "d3d9.dll" in your FSX folder. Also, the "DCOC" subfolder.

As far as settings, try wiping out "C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Roaming\FlyInsideFSX" to reset FlyInside back to defaults. Let me know how it works out for you!
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby kev » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:28 am

Same problem. Everything was working fine until I installed a new plane binter_casa_CN235 it didn't work in the rift so I uninstalled it. I've tried uninstalling FlyInsideFSX and FSX when I reinstall FSX it works fine, but when I reinstall FlyInsideFSX I get the error again. Any ideas?
I7-4790k
2 Geforce GTX 970 SLI
16GB Ram
windows 7 professional
DK2
kev

Postby AucklandRift » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:44 pm

Happy days are here again! All fixed thank you. Trying to do things properly and used version 0.5.0.1 of the Rift and of course I can now see there is a different version of FlyInside from the 0.6 that was installed. I'm thinking this is one of those situations that will trap us younger players, well I'm 66 and a software/ electronics engineer after all....
AucklandRift

Postby sith_spit » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:36 am

Has anyone found a fix to this?
Mine was working fine then went tits up and keep getting the file error message. will load up once flyinside unistalled and have tried a reinstall of FSX from steam.
tried other oculus runtimes and versions of flyinside.
really missing playing this was starting to get into it
sith_spit

Postby 2Peter » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:36 pm

I had the same problem, but after deleting the cfg file from "roaming/flyinside", the FSX work again. But I have two flyinside related directory inside the roaming:
Flyinside an FlyinsideFSX. I using the 0.7 version with the 0601 runtime and (now) work (again) perceftly.
I think Flyinside uses the "Flyinside" not the "FlyinsideFsx".
Thank you Dan, Flyinside is awesome!
i7-3770, GTX 970, 8GB ram, Win7 x64 SP1, FSX ACC, OR 0.8.
2Peter

Postby admin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:04 pm

2Peter wrote:I had the same problem, but after deleting the cfg file from "roaming/flyinside", the FSX work again. But I have two flyinside related directory inside the roaming:
Flyinside an FlyinsideFSX. I using the 0.7 version with the 0601 runtime and (now) work (again) perceftly.

Glad it's running for you! sith_spit, any luck?

As far as the different folder names, and multiple installers, it's a bit of growing pains as I added P3D and renamed some things internally. You shouldn't notice duplicate structures from future installs after 0.7!
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Sylas » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:49 am

2Peter wrote:I had the same problem, but after deleting the cfg file from "roaming/flyinside", the FSX work again. But I have two flyinside related directory inside the roaming:

Wait...Rift runtime 0.6.0.1 works with Flyinside 0.7 ? :o Off to never never land!!!.......
Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1, Intel i5 3570K@4500Mhz, AsRock Z77 Extreme4, 16GB ADATA DDR3 2400, MSI GTX 670PE X 2 SLI (FSX single GPU) Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium, OCZ 256GB Vertex 4, Crucial 240GB M500, WD 3TB Green, Saitek X52, Oculus Rift DK2 0.6.0.0
Sylas

Next

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here