Following Words are too Common?

Suggestions or issues with the message board?

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Following Words are too Common?

Postby wrlybrd » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Using advanced search, with the "Search for all terms or use query as entered" option ticked...
I search on runtime. I get no results. I'm told the words are too common.
I search on simulator. I get no results. I'm told the words are too common.
I search on flight simulator. I get no results. I'm told the words are too common.
I search on flight. I get no results. I'm told the words are too common.
I search on microsoft. I get 47 results. Within those results, I find 59 occurrences of microsoft.
I search on microsoft flight simulator. I get 47 results. Within those results, I find 21 occurrences of simulator and 34 occurrences of flight.
I search on flight pattern. I get 2 results. Within those results, I find 0 occurrences of flight (it was ignored - because it's too common, I assume) and 2 occurrences of pattern.

When 59 occurrences of microsoft can be found, how can searching on it return results, while searching on simulator returns no results because the word is too common, even though only 21 occurrences of it can be found? 21 vs. 59.

How would you search these forums for "runtime 0.6.0.0?" When I try, I get: "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: runtime 6."

Above I mentioned the advanced search option to "Search for all terms or use query as entered." How would you search on ONLY the query as entered, instead of searching on the query as entered OR for all terms?
wrlybrd

Re: Following Words are too Common?

Postby Tony » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:48 pm

When I had a BB forum I got that all the time. It's so frustrating but no simple solution sadly !!!
Do you need help with anything mate ? Happy to help..

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby wrlybrd » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi Techy111 - So far, you're my favorite user on this forum. You DO help. And you've helped me more than anyone else here. I'm very grateful for that.

By the way, I only just now saw your response. I thought I would get notifications for any, but I don't think I did for your's. I can't remember if I checked any boxes to make that happen. I could easily have figured that since I started the thread, I'd automatically get notifications. Anyway, that's why I'm so late in responding. I did just now check that box, so all is now good in that regard.

How's this for a simple solution? Get different forum software. Some boards have excellent search facilities, but it seems the trend for a lot of other boards lately has been to cut corners on that for some reason. However, I've never run a forum, so I'm sure it could easily be true that it wouldn't be simple to change to different software.
Do you need help with anything mate ? Happy to help..

I think the reason I was searching was to find out if FlyInsideFSX was 'Oculus compiled' with a pre 0.6 SDK. This was all while I was trying to determine if FlyInsideFSX would work for me. I'd have to go back and check, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was you who provided most of the answers I needed. So, thanks again, brother. I fully intend to pass your kindness forward at any opportunity. I hope that makes you feel great!
wrlybrd

Postby chris » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:36 am

good luck i haven't been able to get any search results for any topic even tried advance search with no luck
win 10 pro
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 32gb RAM
Available OS Memory: 32gb RAM
Name ASUS GTX 1080 ti Xplane 11 05r2 11.30b7
orion LM very latest
Oculus CV!
oddyssy+ hmd
1000 watt psu
chris

Postby admin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:58 pm

I found a fix for this, you can now search Oculus and see all 17 results ;)

And yes, a big thank you to Tony!
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Tony » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Holy thread Resurrection chaps lol This is last year but hopefully chris will be sorted now ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to Forum Feedback