Embraer Aircraft

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Embraer Aircraft

Postby Tezza » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:31 am

I was thinking about buying one of the Embraer Aircraft over on X-Plane.org while their sale is on. Has anyone tried any of them in VR, do they work ok? Which is the best one for XP11? I was going to save my pennies for the FF320 but I doubt if it'll work in VR anytime soon.
8700K @ 5.0, Titan X Pascal, 16Gb RAM, Windows 10, TM Warthog with CH Pedals, Vive Pro.
Tezza

Re: Embraer Aircraft

Postby Tezza » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:45 am

I got no answers anywhere so I went ahead and bought the X-Crafts E175 mainly because reading other forums, the SSG 170 may be heavier on FPS. The X-Crafts E175 works really well in FlyInside. One thing which I find really good are the popups for the PFD and FMS which don't require you to undock them to get them into the virtual cockpit therefore there's no messing about repositioning windows or taking a bit of a FPS hit.
8700K @ 5.0, Titan X Pascal, 16Gb RAM, Windows 10, TM Warthog with CH Pedals, Vive Pro.
Tezza

Postby Greyman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:21 pm

I'd been considering the Embraers for some time, so would be interested to hear how you get on.

As for the FF A320 working with VR however, you might want to start saving your pennies again, as the newly released FI XP 1.9 has provided a massive step towards that goal. You currently have to disable reflections and rain effects, to prevent a rather distracting double vision type effect, but once you have done that, the VR experience is awesome. As you may know, the aircraft is in its second public Beta testing phase and i suspect that there wont be another one before the final release date, which if i were to guess would be sometime around the New Year, probably after.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby Tezza » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks for the update on the A320. I'll definitely get it once it's available, now that it works in VR :D I was considering the FSLabs A320 for P3D however it's a bit too expensive for the use I'd get out of it as I prefer X-Plane atm. The next few months could be expensive with DCS AV8B out already and the FA-18 out soon too. As for the E175 it's taking me a while to get used to the operation of the FMS as its a lot different from the Boeings I'm used to (PMDG, not real) but at least I don't have to take of the headset to program it. There's quite a few video tutorials so I'm watching those as well but the plane itself is really nice to fly and there's very little impact on fps so it feels very smooth.
Tezza

Return to Aircraft Compatibility with X-Plane *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019