Tried it, don't like it.

Please post your findings and please add what headset you are using in your post.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Tried it, don't like it.

Postby frankbicknell » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:12 am

I just picked up a 'mixed reality' headset and was very disappointed in the quality of the image. It may be the lenovo explorer headset, I am not sure. I can't focus the image and I can't wear glasses with the headset. You can see all of the individual pixels clearly though. The resolution and clarity with my Oculus is far better. I didn't try it with FI because I am really hesitant about installing steam anyhow.
Z370 Chipset ASUS MB, I7 8700, 32Gb DDR4, M.2 - SSD, Win 10 64
GEForce 1080 TI SC@ Hybrid, Oculus HMD, Saitek X52 pro, Saitek pro cessna
frankbicknell

Re: Tried it, don't like it.

Postby slainte13 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:01 pm

So you are posting on a Flyinside forum about how you never used flyinside; okay very strange.
well I have the Samsung odyssey and I would highly recommend it. I have used a friends rift and there is no comparison with clarity.
Plus you get to use mr games and occulus games through revive and steam VR games. Best of all you don't need to setup the sensors. Now I understand it maybe hard for people who forked out
a lot of cash on the rift a year ago to accept MR is better but for those looking to buying there first headset run toward the Samsung. Pay the extra dollars you won't be disappointed.
And thanks to the boys for developing flyinside for MR it works for me.
slainte13

Postby frankbicknell » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:47 pm

I have been using Flyinside for a very long time now. I didn't mention that because I assumed that since I am very popular that everyone knows me and my reputation :lol:
Maybe I will give Samsung odyssey a try. The Lenovo is poor quality for me. The reason I chose Lenovo is because that is all they have at the local Micro Center. I am hesitant about installing Steam because I suspected that it was causing some issues with my system when I was using my HTC Vive, plus I purchased an app that was no longer being developed, which was not disclosed to me, and after a steam update it quit working. I requested a refund but that was denied. I don't forget about getting ripped off very easily. I still have the Vive on another computer I just don't use it myself.
PS I got my rift at an auction for pennies on the dollar <$100.
Z370 Chipset ASUS MB, I7 8700, 32Gb DDR4, M.2 - SSD, Win 10 64
GEForce 1080 TI SC@ Hybrid, Oculus HMD, Saitek X52 pro, Saitek pro cessna
frankbicknell

Postby slainte13 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Try the oddysey from the Microsoft store. I think you have a month to play with it and can send it back if you are not Happy with the purchase.
slainte13

Postby jelder » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:28 pm

I have the Odyssey as well and it works well with Xplane. The resolution is definitely better than my Rift, but I wouldn't say it is exponentially better. There is still a lot of room for improvement on resolution and FOV. Currently the biggest issue I have with the Odyssey is the autogen draw distance. It seems to me that the draw distance is much less than with my Rift. I have not done a side by side comparison yet as I would have to uninstall the Vive version and reinstall the Rift version and I finally have it all working well and don't want to screw it up.
jelder

Return to Windows Mixed Reality