not working

Please post your findings and please add what headset you are using in your post.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

not working

Postby Garfie1d » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Just want to let you know that my Samsuny Odyssey does not work well with FlyInside and P3D V4 (latest build).

The sim fires up and I can look around somewhere between a few seconds and a minute. Then the game freezes and I get an error message.

Generally I am quite disappointed with the WMD headset at the moment. Put the headset into the closet and waiting for better software, especially better Steam support.

Got back to my Rift which works for hours without any complaints.

I don't blame you - just wanted to give some feedback. Sadly I did not copy the error message which might have been helpful.
Garfie1d

Re: not working

Postby Stevil » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Hey mate are you using the very latest FlyInside release? AFAIK Dan also has a Samsung Odyssey and built the WMR HMD feature for all WMR HMDs with it.
Maybe there's something weird with your config here?

Please see the sticky thread in the bug report section and give us some more information about your setup.

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Garfie1d » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Hello Stephan,

grettings from EDDL :D

My specs are quite similar to yours: same CPU, 1080, 16 GB, Win 10.

I just got the headset a few days ago and loaded the latest version of FlyInside from the webpage. Deleted the older version.

I'm happy with the Rift at the moment. Are you running a WMR headset without any issues? I don't think its the Odyssey as all WMD headsets rely on the same software.
Garfie1d

Postby Stevil » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Oh, you're from the dark side of the moon! :lol: :lol: Just kidding, hi :)

I would really suggest to read this thread ( viewtopic.php?f=39&t=6407 ) and give us some more information about your problems and your setup. Maybe there are some plugins which cause that issue? Wanna upload some log files after a crash for us if it's repeatable?

Speaking from myself I don't own a WMR but a Vive and never really had problems with it.
Nice to know there is someone in the near of EDDK flying with FlyInside lately ;)

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Garfie1d » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:47 pm

"Dark side of the moon" ... eh, yeah ... "Pendlerparkplatz Süd mit Kapell'sche" ... :D

My Rift generates no problems at all with P3D (or any other software). Therefore I will stick to my Rift.

WMD is a "hyped" product that is simple at a very early stage of development, I think. I wrote a review about my impressions on Steam (in german).

If you're interested have a look: http://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/di ... 934623245/

The comments of the other people give me the creeps ... I won't answer to that BS.

Aside from the software issues I am quite disappointed because of the blurry edges of the lenses of the Samung Odyssey. The Rift (and Vive as well, I think) are much better. So overall: I'll stick to the Rift and sell the Odyssey ...
Garfie1d

Postby Stevil » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Garfie1d wrote:"Dark side of the moon" ... eh, yeah ... "Pendlerparkplatz Süd mit Kapell'sche" ... :D

Lol! :D

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your written review. To be honest: I was also curious if the Odyssey would be worth the money to improve the VR experience but you're not the first disappointed customer I read from. Maybe the expectations are just too high for it at the moment.. :(

Still I would like to encourage you to post some log files for us from the crash. Maybe there is something we missed and they may also cause problems with other users. Please share those logs with us if the error is easily to repeat... :)

By the way: One other friendly user of our community just shared the information that X-Plane is on a sale at Steam at the moment...maybe you want to try your Odyssey one last time with that one?

Best regards und einen schönen Abend
Stephan
HTC Vive
Stevil

Return to Windows Mixed Reality