FSX:SE Extreme vertical misalignment.

Please post your findings and please add what headset you are using in your post.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FSX:SE Extreme vertical misalignment.

Postby Culinarytracker » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:14 pm

I've recently switched one of my setups from the Vive to an HP Reverb,primarily for Flyinside-FSX. All other VR apps work great, but when I start Flyinside fsx the flyinside menus are way off in vertical alignment. Like a half a letter off from one eye to the other. I'm pretty sure the same thing happens in the cockpits but only by a pixel or two.

Has this problem came up before and does anyone have any advice?
Culinarytracker

Re: FSX:SE Extreme vertical misalignment.

Postby Tony » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:25 am

Hi mate, have you got the correct Flyinside for WMR ok ?

Had to send my Reverb back due to heating issues. Great for simming. Awaiting new stock if HP sort themselves out !!!
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Culinarytracker » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:40 am

Oh, probably not. I thought there were just SteamVR or Oculus install files. I will look into that.

Does this mean that switching between Index and Reverb is not going to be easily done?
Culinarytracker

Postby Tony » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:37 pm

I had the reverb and this run under the Flyinside for WMR but I need to check with Dan for you - re the Index mate.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Culinarytracker » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:42 pm

Tony wrote:I had the reverb and this run under the Flyinside for WMR but I need to check with Dan for you - re the Index mate.

Ok, I've updated everything I could on my PC, reinstalled the newest version of Flyinside FSX for WMR, and still have the vertical misalignment.

My research shows a lot of people having similar problems with DCS and iRacing as well as different screen overlay type apps. Native WMR, Oculus (via revive), and Steam VR apps don't ever seem to have this problem.

Here are some other forum threads discussing what I believe to be the same problems.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228586
https://steamcommunity.com/app/719950/discussions/0/1750106661711270633/?ctp=2

People have created workarounds it seems for DCS, by tweaking the eye alignment settings.
The general feeling I get is that each WMR headset, usually reverb or Odessy+ has factory aligned calibration unique to that HMD which games developed in Unity or Unreal automatically use. Other overlay apps, and these sim type games (elite dangerous has had this problem as well) seem to not be accessing that information in the same way.
Culinarytracker

Return to Windows Mixed Reality