0.3.7.0 - so far, so good.

Moderators: Tony, admin

0.3.7.0 - so far, so good.

Postby mobiusfix » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:40 am

The biggest hiccup I'd seen in the first release was that nearly every session crashed after less than 30 minutes, and I'm guessing it was due to changes being made (aircraft, location, time, weather). But try as I might, I can't get the new release to crash. Great job!

T-38 gauges don't lock up anymore on the rare occasion when I try to fly vertically.

Sim-> rewind function is a good addition. However, if I stall out an engine and then rewind, the engine is still stalled. I'll report that separately as a bug.

Stall mechanics feel more realistic now, though I haven't taken much time to test them out.
mobiusfix

Re: 0.3.7.0 - so far, so good.

Postby Wizkid2552 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:18 am

Had a blast tonight taking the Talon out for a spin. Only problem, on spawn at rny 4 at JFK, the plane plops down and crashes, and you have to do a crash reset then it spawns at the rny altitude and you can start the takeoff. It took my breath away to see Manhattan island all lit up when I came around to fly west at around 4500 feet. The lighting and stars are beautiful. The buildings look great, the bridges, and the airport runways too. I ended up landing at Newark EWR, first time, just a little hot and those tiny brakes just barely stopped me before I left the other end of the runway. They should have given that plane a chute or at least a speedbrake. As a New Yorker, I do hope later on that you can add some of the iconic buildings like Empire State, Chrysler, World Trade Center--second edition (Freedom Tower), and the Statue of Liberty. Will your sim support Orbx products in the future, or will you have your own nice scenery? Excellent work on the update.
Wizkid2552

Re: 0.3.7.0 - so far, so good.

Postby admin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:56 am

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new release! Our T-38A brakes may be artificially weak ;)

We're going to be adding our own detailed city buildings in the future, and also opening up the scenery SDK to everyone. We hope to have an initial scenery SDK available before Christmas, with many improvements to come.

Thanks!
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to General discussion