I'm having a blast !

Moderators: Tony, admin

I'm having a blast !

Postby Joby33y » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:27 pm

Wow guys,

OK, just got back from a business trip, and downloaded the FFS. Been waiting for this for quite awhile, but wow, was it worth the wait. GREAT job as a first pass ! Flawless download of the entire US here, on a 100mb fibre connection no issues. What fun to just fly around once again at 90fps with no tweaking , no shader issues, etc etc. Raw flying fun ! :D

I use Saitek Cessna yoke, throttle quadrant, T-rudder pedals and a very old GoFLight stack for radios, autopilot, and gear / flaps. I peer through the nose hole of the Rift to see my controls, so I dont use any of the touch stuff to fly. All except GF are working fine - need drivers for this. Still looking for the toe brake setup for the rudder pedal but I see now how to set it up thanks to the other post. selecting the rudder pedals wasnt straightforward here.

- I've seen the other posts and I know scenery is at the top of the list. Mountains look fantastic as a first pass, good textures and colors. Flying around KSLC area is just great. NO tweaking, no shader crap, just flat out flying fun ! YES !
- Love the flight dynamics ! MilViz is one of the top modelers IMHO, so its a great pick.
- Please focus on getting the airports looking more reasonable. I saw the note about the next patch, so thanks for that.
- Any way to add a 'GPS out / GPS network broadcast' function like the other guys ? We use ForeFlight on iPad exclusively for nav and planning, which transfers nicely to our RW flying. Please give it some consideration.
- How about Ortho4FFS ? crazy idea ? ....ok, but , Ortho4XP is a fantastic way to add satellite imagery scenery to a favorite area. I realize it depends on your SDK and approach but please comment on the idea.

more to come but CONGRATS on getting it out there . I still remember my first VR flight in FlyInside for FSX a couple of years ago. Everything changed , Flight Simming became relevant again (after 30 years , starting out on SubLOgic on a C-64) thanks to you. I and many others are behind this initiative 120%. It fills a niche in the FS community that hasnt been done yet. Keep it up Dan & team.

JB
MSI Aegis i7 7700 3.6GHz, 32Gb DRAM, Asus Turbo 1080 Ti, P3D v3.4, v4, XP11, Win 10, Rift
Joby33y

Re: I'm having a blast !

Postby admin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:59 am

Hi JB,

I'm really glad you're loving the sim!
-We're working on adding UDP broadcast to our scripting system, so I'm sure GPS broadcast be added via an add-on eventually :)
-Scenery SDK is under development but that's a longer process. We definitely plan to support Ortho4XP-like tools in the future, the plan is to have a completely open SDK.

P.S. Be sure to check out the "Interact" button under Controls -> VR. Let's you flick cockpit switches without taking your hand off your joystick.

Thanks!
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby demo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:52 pm

Ditto, loving it so far. Will be playing with my Oculus eventually but have dipped my toes in in flatscreen mode for now. First impressions are that its very well optimised, all seems to be very smooth and the frame rate looks good to me. I haven`t really dug too deep into the sim yet but what I have seen has convinced me to invest in a license.
I already own the FSX Flyinside add-on so was confident that this would be ok. Thanks for the discount for existing customers btw.
Looking forward to seeing how this develops :)
I fly in (deep breath...)FFS,FSX-SE,FSW,DGFS,XP10,XP11,IL2-BOS,IL2-COD,IL2-1946,DCS,AFS1,AFS2,CAP2,and F-BMS,on a Corei5-4440-16GB-GTX1080,& Oculus rift. Badum-tiss.
demo

Postby CaptChaos037 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:09 am

Same here. So smooth. I have a few hours to play later today, so I'm going to go exploring.
CaptChaos037

Return to General discussion