htr for helicopters working?

Moderators: Tony, admin

htr for helicopters working?

Postby joopje » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi all,

Great flightsim, have been trying the demo and to be honest I was quite impressed.
The helicopter flights dynamics are quite basic but the devs are aware of that.
I used htr profiles for helicopters many times for fax.
Would such a profile work with FFS? If not, could that be possible? That would be awesome!

Thanks

Joopje
joopje

Re: htr for helicopters working?

Postby admin » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:42 am

Hi Joopje,

We'll take a look. Adding HTR support would be really cool!

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby essex » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:48 pm

I think HTR would require a FFS FSUIPC equivalent.

However Fred Naar, the developer of HTR was working on his own simulator
https://www.helisimmer.com/interview/fr ... r-airland/
Assuming this has been abandoned, perhaps he'd be interested in collaborating.
essex

Postby Wizkid2552 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:55 pm

There is a really great addon program for FSX called Dodosim that adds a ton of realism to helicopter flight physics in the Bell 206 Jet Ranger. It has 5 stages to progress you from just slightly more challenging than the FSX model, all the way to level 5 where you have rotor droop, lte, over torque failure of transmission, settling with power (vortex ring state), and others that real pilots have to contend with and prevent. They have a version for UH-1 Huey now too, but they are made just for FSX at the moment. Wonder if this could be made to work on a future 206 or Huey for FFS?
Wizkid2552

Postby joopje » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:08 am

Hi,
Thanks. I know about dodosim. I have p3dv4 and the dodosim 206 doesn't work on that sim.
Their Huey is in development and has been 6 years... It is never going to be released I'm afraid.

I fly DCS Huey which is amazing but I like civil flight sims so much.

Cheers

Jozeff
joopje

Postby Wizkid2552 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:04 am

Yes I saw that the Huey version is on indefinite hold, and even the devs recommend getting the Huey in DCS World. I wish the Dodosim folks would license their incremental 5 stage system to Eagle Dynamics to integrate into their Huey though so you could study it in stages and make it easier to figure out. They have game mode and sim mode, but game mode is like a video game, and sim mode is all the way real. I have spent a year now flying it in the sim and having the stages to study each effect would actually save time and you'd learn more, just like how the 206 Dodosim gets you from beginner to just about real pilot by stage 5. And of course it would be great if they would let FFS use both helis in here as they are for a couple bucks more, I know I'd pay it.
Wizkid2552

Return to General discussion