My opinion about the sim

Moderators: Tony, admin

My opinion about the sim

Postby NFelix » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi people

Could't resist, so i bought FlyInside Flight Simulator. I think it's having a good start, and it's always good to see a new sim.

So, here is my opinion

Things i like:

Planes look very good
Sim runs very fast
Clouds are amazing
Has real roads
Scenery has potential
Can start all planes in cold and dark state

Things i don't like/think can be improved:

No PBR Materials
No shadows from planes, autogen, trees or clouds
Coastlines and shorelines are polygonal and ugly
Shoud have detailed textures on scenery, for whem we are on, or close to the ground
No reflections in the water, just reflects the specular from the sun
Autogen forests should be way more dense
Sometimes we see roads in regular patterns, that look like neighbourhood streets, but there are no buildings
Room for improvement in flight dynamics. Sometimes the planes behave like they are on rails, like in FSX
Some liveries of the 717 are missing (plane appears all grey)
I change aircraft, but sometimes sound doesn't update (keeps sound from previous plane)
Engine sound doesn't change when opening doors
Rain not very realistic
No flight replay
No flight planning
Terrain geometry and textures sometimes shift and change during flight
Some bugs on the terrain geometry

Cheers, and keep up the good work

Nuno Felix
NFelix

Re: My opinion about the sim

Postby TomC » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:21 am

Nice review, thanks. Everything works well for me.
Alienware 17r4 Laptop (Dec/2017); i7-7700HQ (2.8/3.6Ghz), GTX1060-6Gb, 32GB ram, Oculus Rift w/touch controllers, various flight sticks and gamepads. Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) w/GTX1080ti plus Asus VG248QE 144hz external monitor.
TomC

Postby admin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:35 am

Thank you for the detailed review, appreciate it :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Wizkid2552 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm

I agree, the clouds are really nice, and a real blue sky (or lots of stars at night) instead of the dreadful haze in other sims even when you choose "clear skies". I really like being able to fly the T-38 trainer, I have always wanted to try that one, but as an addon for FSX it costs twice what it cost to buy FlyInside where its included! I have owned the FlyInside-FSX for a while now, and have the demo for P3Dv3, and am amazed how you guys pulled this off. I am happy you released the sim now even though the scenery is not finished because the aircraft flying is what is important anyway, and so far I have flown T-38, Baron, Chinook, 407, and MD (and landed the jet in the scenario). I am recommending to my friends to give it a try even without VR, but in VR it is really sweet. My rig is i7-8700k, 1080, 32 GB memory, 500 GB m2 SSD, and either the Rift or Vive depending which one I am testing. Just got the Vive Pro headset to replace the standard one (same sensors though) and the resolution is great and frame rates rarely dip below 89 in the counter with high settings.
Wizkid2552

Return to General discussion