Some questions about the planes etc.

Moderators: Tony, admin

Some questions about the planes etc.

Postby tjrneal » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:40 am

Hi everyone,

I am quite new at flight simulators. I have played DCS and IL-2 a reasonable amount, but once I bought a VR headset I got tired of struggling to get playable fps with either game. So, it might seem strange to buy the FlyInside simulator at this 'early access' stage when I am new to the genre, but I just couldn't get over how smooth the VR experience was in the trial version, so well done development team. I am really looking forward to getting better scenery and buildings. In the meantime, the aircraft all seem quite good.

I have a few questions if anyone can answer:
- Are the MilViz planes in this game comparable to the same planes in other simulators? So, for instance, I downloaded the T38 manual from the MilViz website, can I expect the same switches/buttons to work and for the plane to behave similarly?
- Are there plans in the future to have switches on specific planes be able to be mapped to my HOTAS in the control setup? Currently, as I understand it, beyond the universal flight controls specific switches (if they are simulated at all not sure yet) have to be engaged manually.
- Are there plans for easy route/waypoint setting? I am thinking something similar to how Aerofly FS2 works (I have only tried that title a little though, so correct me if I am wrong) where it is entirely independent of the plane's navigation system, and you can just select to/from airports on a map and then plot waypoints. I understand this may be thought of as more of a n00b feature.
- This is more a suggestion than a question, but it would be really nice to have a development roadmap so that users can see which features are being worked on in the near-term and the ones that are further down the road (or down the flight path, rather). Is that feasible?

Keep up the great work, thanks.
Tim
tjrneal

Return to General discussion