FlyInside Flight Simulator Update 0.5 Released!

Moderators: Tony, admin

FlyInside Flight Simulator Update 0.5 Released!

Postby admin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Hi All,

Huge new update ready for download! You can install the update via "File -> Check for Updates" (Steam will update automatically if you have that version). This update features a brand new VR controller system, a heavily revamped helicopter flight model, and a slew of other fixes and improvements.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2MhDsGEJG4
Details: https://flyinside-fsx.com/News
Change Log: https://flyinside-fsx.com/Download/ChangeLog

Looking forward to everyone's feedback :)

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: FlyInside Flight Simulator Update 0.5 Released!

Postby TomC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:18 am

Wow, those heli's are a lot more challenging to fly now. I had to go back to beginner flight mode for a bit , then normal. Top 2 settings I was bobbling around like a drunken sailor, lol! Good fun though and nice to be able to land on the top of buildings now. Still need some night instrument lights although there are a few digital ones showing up now. I have not tried the new VR controls yet since I still prefer flight sticks but maybe later. Thanks for the update mate. All is progressing very nicely imho.
Cheers,
TomC
Alienware 17r4 Laptop (Dec/2017); i7-7700HQ (2.8/3.6Ghz), GTX1060-6Gb, 32GB ram, Oculus Rift w/touch controllers, various flight sticks and gamepads. Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) w/GTX1080ti plus Asus VG248QE 144hz external monitor.
TomC

Postby Mark555055f » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 am

Great improvement in performance for me! Good stuff.

I am having crashing issues still though. Steam version running in Oculus mode. It basically crashes out every time randomly while flying. Doesn't matter the location or aircraft. I submitted a crash report.
Mark555055f

Postby Croccy22 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:05 am

Any news on the motion sim support? A rough idea of when it will be implemented would be great :)

Thanks for all the great work so far. Just the fact that this has the Chinook in it has made it my go to simulator. Just need to beef up the blade slapping sounds :)

Matt.
Croccy22

Postby lensmandave » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:54 pm

Brilliant update guys. So polished now. The VR control interaction with RIFT touch is so well implemented now, a huge improvement. Although I have a 'sim pit' with all the usual hotas stuff, I'm really enjoying just relaxing in an easy chair with the RIFT controllers.
Cheers
Dave
lensmandave

Postby TomC » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:05 pm

With the Steam version I still get the annoying UAC Prompt window (with yes/no options) and I need to peak under my Oculus Rift headset to select yes on my desktop before FFS will load/run. The only way to stop this is to remove my win10 UAC but this will put my PC at risk from all programs so it's not a good idea to do this imho. Maybe you should check with Steam to see if you can correct this. Thanks.
Alienware 17r4 Laptop (Dec/2017); i7-7700HQ (2.8/3.6Ghz), GTX1060-6Gb, 32GB ram, Oculus Rift w/touch controllers, various flight sticks and gamepads. Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) w/GTX1080ti plus Asus VG248QE 144hz external monitor.
TomC

Return to General discussion