FFS taking advantage of higher res HMDs and / or WMR

Moderators: Tony, admin

FFS taking advantage of higher res HMDs and / or WMR

Postby apollon01 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:11 am

Dear FFS team,

I am a happy customer of your FI for p3dv3 and v4 and the FFS.

Reading through the forum, I understand that regarding the FI product, the FI does not take advantage of the newer higher resolution HMDs (Vive Pro or WMR like the Odyssey) as the final image gets scaled to the Rift and / Vive native resolution. I am guessing so from the lack of official reply to numerous questions in this regard :roll:

Now - the same question regarding the FFS. Will we get higher quality image with higher res HMDs and / or WMRs? Or, as in the case of FI, the final image is scaled to Rift / Vive native res?

Thank you for your answer and good work on the sim! :)

Kind regards,

Milan
apollon01

Re: FFS taking advantage of higher res HMDs and / or WMR

Postby admin » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi Milan,

FFS takes complete advantage of native resolution! I do most testing on a Vive Pro myself, and you can really crank up the clarity :)

In regards to our other products (apologies for lack of response), in the most recent version you can turn up your resolution multiplier for native resolutions. It's more GPU intense and not quite as comfortable, as we can't utilize "asymmetric projection matrices" from our injection layer, but you can get decent clarity still.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: FFS taking advantage of higher res HMDs and / or WMR

Postby apollon01 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:28 am

Dan,

thanks for the good news. I can't wait for my Odyssey+ to arrive to check it out in the FFS ;)

As for the FI - not knowing the tech background of how it works - can you foresee also the FI series of your product line one day to take full advantage of the higher resolutions of the HMDs and WMR headsets coming to the market?

Thanks!

Regards,

Milan
apollon01

Return to General discussion