Instrument flying?

Moderators: Tony, admin

Instrument flying?

Postby Snaproll » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:58 am

My main interest for a flight simulator isn't 'scenery' so much as shooting approaches and aerobatics. I've got an oculus rift and have been using flyinside with MS flight sim X. Besides being pretty antiquated, it "works" in both regards. What I also like is the extensive navaids for shooting approaches around the country. I'm looking to replace FSX and am looking at flyinside.

1) Does it have realistic navaids and for what areas of the country? Possible to shoot approaches? NDB's, middle markers, zone of confusion on a VOR, ILS/GS.

2) Can I control weather like FSX and shoot approaches? Variable ceiling, icing?

3) How "realistic" are the flight dynamics? I know FSX was kind of clunky. Loops and rolls were 'ok' but spins, snaps, gyro maneuvers were not realistic. I imagine akro is not a big focus of flyinside but how realistic are the flight dynamics, CG changes, fuel burn, throttle changes effecting pitch, icing effecting lift etc. Anything like that?

I've been very happy with flyinside and FSX so far. Later today I will try the demo version of the flyinside sim. I hope it can be a replacement for FSX. In short, is this geared as a true 'flight simulator', or scenery airplane flying 'game''?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Jim
Snaproll

Return to General discussion