FlyInside Flight Simulator Beta Branch - 0.5.6.0

Moderators: Tony, admin

Re: FlyInside Flight Simulator Beta Branch - 0.5.6.0

Postby Tony » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Tom I'm confused mate, what pedals are you using ? I've tested with other testers and am getting great yaw authority on ALL hell's.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby John Hargreaves » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:12 pm

I didn't have any yaw issues with the 407 and the MD500, I read Tom's post and was looking out for it but it behaved as expected for me. I did have to recalibrate my collective due to less then expected movement in the sim, so maybe it's worth recalibrating inputs with a new build?

Regarding the flight model, in the time I spent with the two helicopters I thought it was very good, in the brief time I have been able to test, as good as the X-Plane helis are (but they suffer from the fact that XP11 keeps changing so it keeps breaking things). It was a very easy transition to go from XP11 to FFS back to back.
I think you will be up there with the best if you keep going like this.

One thing I noticed was when hovering into the wind compared with the wind up my tail. Into the wind felt pretty good, and I could sense the free lift from having a good breeze in my face. When the wind was coming straight from behind however, I would expect a force trying to grab the tail and push it round, so you need to gently fight that and keep it balanced with the pedals. That felt largely absent currently, but that could be to do with how wind is modelled in the sim at the moment. I think I set a 20km wind speed and it didn't feel quite that strong in the sim.

I'll try and find some more time to test and post some feedback, but all the comments from my January post in the helicopter physics thread have been clearly improved on from what I can tell.
i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/OE-XAM R22 collective/Reverb G2
John Hargreaves

Postby TomC » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:41 pm

Tony wrote:Tom I'm confused mate, what pedals are you using ? I've tested with other testers and am getting great yaw authority on ALL hell's.

OK, my mistake and you were right, it was a controller problem. I needed to recalibrate my controller in Win10 devices (and recalibrated again in the Sim) and now all works well. I don't know how or why my controller lost it's calibration. Maybe due to last Win10 update, who knows, lol! I've edited my comment on the Steam forum as well. Sorry 'bout that guys!
Alienware 17r4 Laptop (Dec/2017); i7-7700HQ (2.8/3.6Ghz), GTX1060-6Gb, 32GB ram, Oculus Rift w/touch controllers, various flight sticks and gamepads. Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) w/GTX1080ti plus Asus VG248QE 144hz external monitor.
TomC

Postby admin » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:45 pm

Tom - Glad to hear that was it and you're up and flying :) How do the helis feel now?
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby TomC » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Overall the heli’s feel more solid. The md530 is still a bit too wobbly for me in experience flight mode though but that might just be me, lol!
Alienware 17r4 Laptop (Dec/2017); i7-7700HQ (2.8/3.6Ghz), GTX1060-6Gb, 32GB ram, Oculus Rift w/touch controllers, various flight sticks and gamepads. Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) w/GTX1080ti plus Asus VG248QE 144hz external monitor.
TomC

Previous

Return to General discussion