Scenery Progress

Moderators: Tony, admin

Re: Scenery Progress

Postby admin » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:44 am

Qantas_10 wrote:Will you be providing accurate taxiway, airport buildings with the global airport coverage?

It'll be similar to current US airports, but globally. We now have some generic airport buildings coming with this scenery too. It's looking pretty nice with the high-quality base imagery, but airports are far from finished ;)

Qantas_10 wrote:Will the global scenery coverage include a global navigational database?
Will the night lighting extend globally or is it just for selected areas?

Yes, and night lighting is global :)

Qantas_10 wrote:Will the global scenery allow for “great circle” navigation? i.e. model a spherical earth model, not a flat map.

It should! We'll need to test it and make sure there aren't any high-latitude bugs, but we are using a spherical earth model.

Qantas_10 wrote:Do you think we could see a widebody airliner in the sim, to fly around the globe?
Is real world weather a possibility?

A widebody could happen eventually but it isn't at the top of our list. Real world weather is a definite possibility and we have some plans around it, but not in this update ;)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Scenery Progress

Postby Qantas_10 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:13 pm

Thanks Dan, it’s very refreshing to get a ‘non fluffy’ reply from a flight sim developer.
I hope that we get a few third party add on guys onboard FFs, to satisfy the tube liner demand.

QF10
Qantas_10

Previous

Return to General discussion