SOS: Im begineer.......

Moderators: Tony, admin

SOS: Im begineer.......

Postby predator1972 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:50 am

Hi all Friends,

I downloaded the trial version, I activated the pro version with the key of my purchase, all right, but when I try to download the latest version (595) from menu flyinside, I only download the 594 and it tells me that the 594 is the last one. How can I upgrade to beta 595 to have Microsoft bing maps ???

Thanks you so much.
predator1972

Re: SOS: Im begineer.......

Postby MalcolmFI » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:50 am

Hello,

The steps to download this new beta are a little different than before. You need to enter an "Updates URL" in order to download version 0.5.9.5. Follow this procedure and you should be able to get it:

1. Turn on Debugging Tools from "Help -> About -> Usage Options"
2. Open "Debugging Tools -> Debug Diagnostics"
3. Expand "Debug Options"
4. For "Updates URL" specify "https://cdn.flyinside-fsx.com/SimLatest.ClosedBeta2/" (the final slash is important)
5. Restart your sim
6. Use "Sim -> Check for Updates" - It should show a prompt for version 0.5.9.5 currently

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Malcolm
MalcolmFI

Postby predator1972 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:13 pm

Dear friend Malcolm, thank you very much for your kind indications, for a beginner like me they are of great help, I will do all the steps according to you indicate me and I hope to be able to get update to the beta that contains the map of Microsoft's bing terrain. a million thanks for helping me !!!!
predator1972

Postby predator1972 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:11 am

Dear Malcolm, I followed your steps one by one and it worked correctly for me the first time, your explanation has been very useful and precise.

it is wonderful to fly with the bell 407 helicopter on all those places that bring me great memories, place where I was born, vacations, honeymoon, tourism, etc. etc.

A great experience !!!!

Thanks to you for your help and thanks to Flyinside company for this great idea of ​​bringing real maps to the simulator in a simple and effective way.

Amazing !!!!.
predator1972

Return to General discussion