FlyInside Flight Simulator Beta2 Branch - 0.5.9.9

Moderators: Tony, admin

FlyInside Flight Simulator Beta2 Branch - 0.5.9.9

Postby admin » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi All,

I'm excited to announce a new update with significant improvements. Unless you find some major show-stoppers, we'll roll out something close to this as 0.6 tomorrow to everyone :)

Biggest new features are trees and animated water, both added to the streaming scenery system.

• Adds trees/canopy to streaming scenery
  • Adds animted water to streaming scenery (we'll follow up with slightly more accurate water data, but it's a good start)
  • Major improvements to MD-530F flight model
  • Adds binding for "Settings -> Controls -> VR -> Toggle VR"
  • Resolves major memory leak in new scenery system
  • Some improvements to loading speed of streaming scenery in building-heavy areas
  • Some CPU utilization reductions/performance improvements
  • Streaming Scenery setting under Settings -> Graphics no longer randomly shuts itself off during network failures
  • Fixes crash when switching to SteamVR

Opting into Website-Version Beta:
1. Turn on Debugging Tools from "Help -> About -> Usage Options"
2. Open "Debugging Tools -> Debug Diagnostics"
3. Expand "Debug Options"
4. For "Updates URL" specify "https://cdn.flyinside-fsx.com/SimLatest.ClosedBeta2/" (the final slash is important)
5. Restart your sim
6. Use "Sim -> Check for Updates" - It should show a prompt for version 0.5.9.6 currently

Opting into Steam Beta:
1. Open Steam
2. Go to the "Library" section
3. Right click on "FlyInside Flight Simulator"
4. Select Properties
5. Go to the "betas" tab
6. From the "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" dropdown, select "beta2"
7. Let Steam do its update thing!

Thanks!
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: FlyInside Flight Simulator Beta2 Branch - 0.5.9.9

Postby mobiusfix » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:22 pm

The scenery is beautiful now that the trees are back! Unfortunately, I'm having the same stability issues in VR. Oculus service crashes almost immediately on loading a new location (that is, HMD goes black and the sim only shows on the monitor). If I start in desktop-mode only and wait until scenery loads before going back into VR, it works sometimes. But regardless, it seems like I have to wait for every single element to load before I even THINK about moving my head around in VR, or else it will crash.

With that said, the few times I've gotten it to work so far have looked fantastic. It looks like you've made great progress integrating 3D elements with the satellite imagery, and the animated water looks nice.
mobiusfix

Re: FlyInside Flight Simulator Beta2 Branch - 0.5.9.9

Postby Qantas_10 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:21 am

Here are a few observations I have made after a quick couple of flights this evening:

Trees ... they are everywhere. In some cases in the middle of runways (YPAD) as an example, also in built up areas, roads etc. i.e where they shouldn’t be.

Water ... In some areas I am seeing this extending into the photoscenery, also where buildings are. It seems to be too course, maybe a finer brush stroke needs to be used ;)

The same elevation issues, runways sinking into the ground etc. are still there and I for one, would love to see some grass runways. Overall though, GREAT progress, the sim is really starting to take shape ...

BTW can someone answer my post on the 717 autopilot ... it’s driving me mad.
Qantas_10

Return to General discussion