how do I fly in areas when I cannot choose airports there?

Moderators: Tony, admin

how do I fly in areas when I cannot choose airports there?

Postby joopje » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:09 pm

Hi,

I bought ffs via steam and I must say I'm impressed.
How do I fly in, let's say, the Netherlands when I cannot choose any airports there to departure from?

I also own flyinside for p3dv4.

Thanks

Jozeff
joopje

Re: how do I fly in areas when I cannot choose airports ther

Postby nevik2020 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:19 am

I have been using google maps to get coordinates of places that I want to fly around but don't have easily searchable airports in FFS. I will insert those coordinated into the "go to long/lat " tool and set a safe altitude. When I spawn in that location the sim pauses so you have time to get control of the aircraft.

Also using google maps I look at area I want to explore and search for "airports" I can usually find a small airport of landing strip in the vicinity. If I search for that airport/strip by name or code in FFS there is a good chance it's in that database.

All in all It would be nice if the map in FFS zoomed and panned to world wide. In the meantime flying around in an unfamiliar area low on fuel looking for a place to put it down adds to the adventure.

hope this helps
nevik2020

Postby joopje » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:16 pm

Guys,

I'm giving up on flyinside flightsimulator for now.

There is too little response from the devs and community, too much time between updates.
I can't help the feeling that this project is going nowhere or at least not in a certain direction.

The forum is very quiet. Some questions are never answered or at least not within a couple of days, weeks or even months.

If flyinside flightsimulator is making progress again I'm on board again.

I own flyinside for p3d and I am extremely satisfied with that product.

Cheers

Jozeff
joopje

Postby nevik2020 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:12 am

It would help if the map in location menu panned and zoomed but that’s still not working. I think it would be a better update feature than grass. IMO

If I want to spawn in an airport I search by name or airport code in the location menu. 9 times out of 10 I can find the airport in the database.
If you don’t know the airport name you can search google map for airports in any location and then google that airport name for the code or even coordinates.

good luck :D
nevik2020

Postby Tony » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:09 am

joopje wrote:Guys,

I'm giving up on flyinside flightsimulator for now.

There is too little response from the devs and community, too much time between updates.
I can't help the feeling that this project is going nowhere or at least not in a certain direction.

The forum is very quiet. Some questions are never answered or at least not within a couple of days, weeks or even months.

If flyinside flightsimulator is making progress again I'm on board again.

I own flyinside for p3d and I am extremely satisfied with that product.

Cheers

Jozeff

Hi Jozeff, please bear with us mate...sorry for delays in answering but we are getting there....new updates very shortly.

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to General discussion